Author Topic: Sharing a Contagion, Beware  (Read 867 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Sharing a Contagion, Beware
« on: January 07, 2024, 10:07:05 PM »
You've been warned.

I may have mentioned this ebay store before, but it has hella good deals on lots of things. I bought a few Lews Inshore baitcasters for great prices in their auctions a few years ago and since then I've bought a number of lures. They sell a LOT of LCs, mostly Pointers and other freshwater oriented cranks. Lots of other stuff. You'll see something you like if you check them out I'm sure. Simmons Sporting Goods. I always end up bidding on more things than I should obsessively for a couple hours because they start every auction at $1, then just hope a couple auctions are forgotten about in your favor and boom! You pull out of your blackout with a cart full of tackle.

https://www.ebay.com/str/simmonssportinggoodsofalabama

Well this time I saw 6 Super Spooks for a good auction price so I threw my name in the hat. Forgot about it, won it. Whoops. $19 for 6! But $10 for shipping. So what do I do to justify the shipping? Go find a 2 pack of LC Pointers, win them for $10, then check out for $45 or so. Regular price for everything was probably $110. Shouldn't have spent any money, but can't argue it's not a good deal. Bought another 2 pack of Pointers a few weeks ago from them so add it to the pile. Then a couple LCFMs from a different buyer just to restock. Pointers will be trolled, might be thrown in the surf at high tide/deeper water. But the FMs will definitely stay in the surf box.

Just waiting for some upgraded split rings to arrive to set everything up right. I love Spooks but don't have much FW to throw them in around here so they will be saved for stripers and corvina I suppose.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing a Contagion, Beware
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 05:52:22 AM »
From one tackle-ho to another... thanks.  You may be auctioning against me the next time.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 06:10:00 AM »
 I'm glad I am not the only one that has a Lure addiction ;D You gotta get them while you can save money 8) 8)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 11:15:28 AM »
From one tackle-ho to another... thanks.  You may be auctioning against me the next time.  LOL

I was gonna say, maybe we need to text each other to not step on toes. I’m gonna try to leave it alone for the next month at least so have at it.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 03:57:36 PM »
that is a killer haul
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 05:34:36 AM »

I was gonna say, maybe we need to text each other to not step on toes. I’m gonna try to leave it alone for the next month at least so have at it.

I need to start buying less tackle, but may check it out every now and then.  I can't pass up on a good tackle deal.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 07:10:17 PM »
Gonna start bidding, stuff is cheap.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2024, 11:37:48 AM »
I'm bidding on something as I type! My AI stocks are doing well, so I can treat myself.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 01:34:06 PM »
I just bought a new trout reel... and another travel rod... and some terminal tackle.....  Good god, I need to stop! lol

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 08:40:01 PM »
I just bought a new trout reel... and another travel rod... and some terminal tackle.....  Good god, I need to stop! lol

Noooo! Don’t mix post op drugs with ebay auctions!!!! Fatal c*cktail.

Now you reminded me of this store, and I need to slowly close the tab, walk away from the computer, and ride out the urges to shop on it. Maybe go out and get a nic patch.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2024, 08:53:44 PM »
Failed that test. Put down about 5 bids. Hopefully don’t feel too much regret about 5pm tomorrow.