Author Topic: Shimano "Limited Lifetime Warranty"  (Read 17238 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Shimano "Limited Lifetime Warranty"
« on: June 24, 2014, 07:02:18 AM »
Limited Lifetime Warranty Rods
Shimano will warranty the following rods. However, if they come to us appearing to be broken in a car door, look like they have been used excessively, or we were informed by the customer that it was broken in an accident, then Shimano will NOT warranty them.

ATL, CL "A" Seriec, CLC/CLS, CNC/CNS, CPC/CPS "A" & "B" Series, CRC/CRS, CSC/CSS, CUC/CUS, CVC/CVS, IGFA, PCF,
SFS, TDR w/2 digit numbered models, TEC/TES, TFC/TFS, TLA, TLC/ TLS/ULC, TLI/TLR/TLT, TMC/TMS, TRC/TRS, TSC/TSS, TVC/TVS, TZC/TZS, ULC, V-RODS, VTS/VTC
If it is not on this list then Shimano will not warranty the rod without a valid receipt showing it to be still under one year and a new appearance.

Direct from Shimano website.

I get no warranty for car doors and accidents. Thats fine, but what is "used excessively"? I might use an individual rod 50 times in a year or more. Too much?

What about the rods not on lifetime warranty list. I get the receipt, but new appearance?

Just wondering what you think.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Shimano "Limited Lifetime Warranty"
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 07:05:46 AM »
"Used excessively"? Thats strange. Maybe there is a point where the rod is just used up and has no life left in it to warranty?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 08:24:36 AM »
I've "used" up my fair share of rods.  By the looks of some of your rods, you have too!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 04:29:24 PM »
Ha! ...

Last thing I'd say is busted off in car door.

'Was definitely the fish of a lifetime that got away due to the broken tip. '

:P

NickysDeckhand

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »
Sending the rod in and saying it snapped on hookset has always worked for me.  Figured snagging the rod tip on a back cast with another rod (happened twice in the Barrett boat) and snapping it on the follow through will void the warranty.  Never been questioned by Shimano even when the rods were more than 5 years old...There's a reason why I buy from Shimano and Daiwa.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 06:17:45 PM »
Apparently the "limited lifetime warranty" is going the way of the dinosaur. Supposed to be honoring it on rods already in the publics hands, but new models come with new rules.