Author Topic: Paddy's Guide to Affordable Big Bait Heavers  (Read 27145 times)

TheCraftsman

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Paddy's Guide to Affordable Big Bait Heavers
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 12:34:50 PM »
Decide on a purchase yet Mr.paddy?

Im still waiting for the Great Latemeria's input before I can make a decision😝😝
Probably gonna go with the Battallion 25/50.. You got me convinced on the bigger rod, plus I can get a smokin deal on it.  Gonna wait til Black Friday/cyber Monday and see if i can get an even better deal.
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 05:03:43 PM »
Thanks for all the great input guys. Keep it coming:)

I considered putting the breakaways on the list Chris. But theyre about $250 not including tax/shipping so they dont quite fit the "affordable" bracket, tried to keep it in the $100-$200 range including tax/shipping.  What the hell is gram!? This is 'murica!!!😜😝😜😝😜

grams are usually what you'll find the better sputniks listed as and are more precise in weight than weights measured in OZ. I have several 6oz sputniks that weigh within 10 grams of each other while the four 150's I weighed are within 2.

I've found a little extra money on fishing gear is usually money well spent. ill buy discount sweatshirts, orange tag steaks and generic soda but when it comes to most gear, its probably worth it and I can say the breakaway rods are fairly priced for what your getting.

also check out the Dblue rods.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 12:40:36 PM »
I think I have to sticky this post.  It has some great options and reviews of the rods and I had to share this with a few people lately.  I think I'll sticky it until we could get some reel reviews also and I'll pair them up as part of the the ultimate gear guide for SoCal Surf Sharking.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 07:31:00 AM »
Just for the sake of argument.
Why not use the Senator and heavy stick and just get a used kayak if you don't want to use the drone?
Seems like it's been working well for the east coast guys for a long time and there's no way you can get anywhere near that kind of range with a cast.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 10:01:35 AM »
You aren’t going to get any distance casting a bait big enough for a shark of the size you’re looking for. Like Chad said, just paddle out a bait. A 6/0 or 9/0 reel will suffice.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)