Author Topic: December bass are chewing  (Read 2175 times)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
December bass are chewing
« on: December 20, 2015, 03:15:08 PM »
Jonny and I hitched a rid with my buddy James on his 22ft Skeeter for some local Calico Bass fishing before the front moved in. Started in Point Loma looking around the inside kelp for some weedless bites.  Nothing going on,  but as we moved through I found a big bait ball  with fish on the meter. I dropped down a 1.5 oz lead head on a big pancho 6.5in swim bait and was bit on the sink.  We had a good pick on the smaller grade 2lb calicos before we decided to run north.  we headed up to la jolla but the kelp is pretty much gone right now, and continued up to sea side and leucadia.  We found a great bite on the weedless in the small patches of kelp left.  I know we could hae found some BIG ones had we fished more reef structure.  James likes the weedless bite so we spent most of the day fishing it.  Front came in early so we bolted.  Damn I need to find me a boat...If you like bass fishing they are chewing good right now...

jonny had a nice 5lb pound fish..on the 7.5 grumpy weedless

GET OUT AND GET BIT..

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: December bass are chewing
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 05:48:02 PM »
Thanks for the updates Chris!  I'm trying to get my boat out this week but the forecasted winds and swell are too much for my boat and back.  A 22' boat with a pointy end sounds great!

Nice bass Jonatan!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: December bass are chewing
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 07:11:41 AM »
yeah Tom,  its been hit or miss with the weather.  damn thats if they get the forecast right..lol..they 21 and 22 ft.  bay boats are killer. 
GET OUT AND GET BIT..