Author Topic: Goin out with a Bang!  (Read 3707 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Goin out with a Bang!
« on: December 30, 2015, 03:26:40 PM »
Had the pleasure of having The Vu's and Mr. John aka Jkim join me for some wintertime cold water bassin few weeks ago. They are some of the coolest and down to earth pure fishermen I've ever shared the agua with.

Day started out round 130 when they met me at my aunts front gate and followed me down the dusty dirt road to bass fishing heaven! I dropped the misses up at aunties and told the guys I'd be right down to the dock for some slayage! By the time I got there phong and John already had some nice chunky northerns on the board so Nicky and I told them to take a boat and we'd show em where the big girls were ;) Nicky of course had to stick one as I was loading my sh!t into the boat!

Then his pops tried to get the last one b4 we got in the boat, but Nicky wouldn't be out done!

Headed out to a point and started workin the rocks n ledges for a few chunks and phong strikes 1st with a toad on dropshot!

Solid 6.5lbs.

So we fished a lil harder and got a few clones. then I decided it was time to start gettin serious, I wasn't gonna be out done on my own lake!!!

So after Nicky sticks a good one on a beaver tail

I put the Senko away and grabbed a creature bait since I knew with the recent rains that the forage wasn't gonna be fish so I figured crustaceans ;) out came the magic Ika. I finished off my 2nd sculpin and gave a offering of my next one and sent some sweet smoke up in the air. I managed to hook 3 clones but I wanted their grandma. so I slowed waaaay down and deadstickin my bait to the point of seriously moving it 3-6ins every 30 secs or so. After about 3 cast of this methodical retrieve half way to the boat I got to drag my ika and it gets obliterated! Line moving left very quickly and when I swung on her my quantum exo PT got its 1st serious bendo of its young life! 20lb braid zingin off the reel and all 10 ball bearings were gettin broken in properly. She was big! -Nicky good one Mr.Josh? -me yeah she's big nick! get the boat cleared! He scurried around moving rods and back packs. -Nicky, where is she? She hasn't come up yet and that's usually a sign that it's a donkey! -me she's beastin on me nick! Here she comes! Her phat ass couldn't even get her whole self outta the freezing h2o! Giant Mr.Josh! Holy sh!t nick she's a phatty don't force the lip jus get her when she's ready! He's never seen a bass this big in person so he's just as stoked as I am! She came up next to the boat 4 times b4 he could get his lil hands on her and barely could lift her out himself one handed he was so astounded! He'll yeah Nicky that's what I'm talking about! He handed her to me and took some awesome pics!

Took a few vids of the weight and release and she swam off after a few secs of reviving. I thanked the fish gods and finished my sculpin and watched Nicky catch a few more b4 I threw back out.

John and phong were getting into some deep water dropshot fish b4 the sun dipped behind the hills and the Topwater started to pop! John was gettin schooled by phong with his new vixen stick bait that he got at least a dozen on, in 47deg water btw... Nicky wanted in on the action so we motored over there and he got a few and a giant crappie!

Kids a monster! And probably the most polite and humble kid I've ever met let alone fished with.

We headed back to the dock pretty satisfied with the trip. but Nicky couldn't stop fishin and it paid off with his new PB!

Solid 7lbs but the kid makes it look over 10 lol

We packed it up after that and I took em to the Eagles nest on the way up to get my girl from aunties.

We said our goodbyes and thanked my auntie and uncle for letting us harass the beautiful bass. At the gate they thanked me for the trip and I thanked them for the company. Sweet way to wrap up an epic year at my favorite place on this rock flying around space we call earth!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Goin out with a Bang!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 03:42:10 PM »
Looks like a fun day.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »
Wow, it's been a while. It looks like you guys crushed it with some Donkeys!
Well done Josh, John, Phong and Nicky! Congrats on those beasts!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 08:30:44 AM »
Just saw this ... Kick ass Josh. Looks like a great time!!

Hope to see you on the sand soon.

D

Nicky

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 08:18:08 AM »
Oh man too fun of a day! Can't thank you enough for having the opportunity and great hospitality Mr. Josh!!! ;D