Author Topic: Killer boneless skinless chicken breast method  (Read 3344 times)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
Killer boneless skinless chicken breast method
« on: January 06, 2016, 08:04:08 PM »
I've always struggled with breast meat. So much so, that I mostly eat boneless, skinless thigh meat.

Made a New Year's resolution to eat better, and well, the breast meat it is!!! LOL 

Tried a new cooking method from "The Joy of Cooking" and it came out AMAZING. Sooooo moist and tender, can't believe I haven't looked this up before. Maybe most of you cook it this way, but if not, give it a try.

- Pound the breast meat (1-4 halves) just a bit to even out the size. I didn't go nuts, just a little bit of tenderizing.
- soak in simple brine for 15 minutes. 4 tbl spoons salt / 4 cups water
- heat the pan and throw in some olive oil. Not a lot, just a drizzle to coat the surface of the pan.
- Pat breasts dry and add some oil to the meat. Rub and sprinkle seasoning. Any will do. I used onion powder, garlic powder, lowry season salt, and paprika.

Important to trust timing.
- Put meat in pan on med/high and cook with timer for 1 minute.
- Flip the breasts and drop heat to low. Cook with timer for 10 minutes covered (Don't open cover at all).
- After 10 min, turn the burner off completely and set timer for another 10 minutes **Do Not Open Cover**
Chicken will cook from the inside in own juices

Check temp - 165-170. Should be beautiful white meat breast and super juicy / tender. Finished with some lemon squeezed over.

Give it a try. Family just went nuts.

Enjoy

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Killer boneless skinless chicken breast method
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 06:41:17 AM »
Sounds killer Dave.  I'll have to try and let you know how it went.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

TheCraftsman

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Killer boneless skinless chicken breast method
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 04:47:11 PM »
I usually just BBQ chicken breasts. Dry rub, and about 7 mins on each side with grill on med/high. They always come out juicy and good:)
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!