Author Topic: Trout Wishing and Fishing (1/24)  (Read 3746 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Trout Wishing and Fishing (1/24)
« on: January 24, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »
Steve and I headed out to Jennings to sample some of the trout plants that has been happening.  I had a huge night downtown last night and it made for a forgetful morning as I forgot seat cushions, fish finders... etc the next morning, but we were going to make it happen.

We trolled for nothing...

Cast for nothing....

So we set anchor and put some bait out.  I was reeling up my pinched crawler when I noticed a big trout following it up.  It swung away when it saw the boat, but I grabbed my tube jig rod and quickly cast out.  It wasn't long before I got the sucker!

The funny thing was I actually hooked a swivel... that was attached to the line that was inhaled into his mouth!  He bit on a cheese colored power worm and found a way to break the line.  My tube jig found the tiny ass hole in the swivel and I finished the deal!  LOL

I then got my groove on with the pinched floating crawlers... soaked in Roe Sauce...

The fish ranged from 2.0 to 3.2 pounds.  Trout always look big in your face, but never seem so look big on camera.  The three fish I caught ended up at 7lb 6oz.  Not too shabby, but it was tough fishing this morning.

The meat was ruby red... I can't wait to start brining and smoking it!

Anyway, we got home in time as my wife wanted to get out to Yoga today and Steve hit Wohlford to redeem himself from a slow day.  i heard the trout were jumping on the power worm, but not sure who's power worm they were grabbing.

Fun day on the water.  Good fishing with you Steve! 
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Trout Wishing and Fishing (1/24)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 06:27:48 PM »
Beautiful t-shirt weather today.

Made the walk of shame twice today. Couldn't buy a bite. At least I got out of my chores.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 08:28:34 PM »
Beautiful fillets. Sure those aren't natives?  :P

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 06:56:42 AM »
Beautiful fillets. Sure those aren't natives?  :P

LOL, I'm just super happy that the Nebraska Tail Walkers forced the Sierra 'Bows to compete by adding the right forage for red and tasty meat instead of the bland white tasteless ones.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 05:34:14 PM »
Nice stringer 8)

I miss trout fishing, need to make a trip to the sierras again..