Author Topic: Confidence Was Rattled... Until tonight (10/8)  (Read 5326 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Confidence Was Rattled... Until tonight (10/8)
« on: October 09, 2014, 07:04:31 AM »
Wow, it was a perfectly planned hit and run last night.  I had a friend flying into town that wanted to hang out on Thursday which will now make it three weeks in a row that I ruined my wife's Yoga Night (Similar to my fishing Tuesday's).  I wanted redemption so bad for all of my lost fish and rigs, but try to squeak out on a wednesday Night?  Hmmmmm....

I cooked dinner and started to get my gear together.  My wife walked out in the garage and said, "Uh, are you planning to go fishing right now?"  I answered, "I really hope so (with a big sh!t eating grin)".  Needless to say, she caved and I got to go although it will cost me something I'm sure.

It was dark when I got there, so I did not know the salad situation, but after a few practice casts, I was stoked to see it fishable.  I brought three big bonito and was a little worried that they were too big for casting, but the big Batson rod cast it like a champ.  My thumb had a hard time holding though with 8oz of lead and a 1lb chunk of bonito on the hook though.

Lots of critters stealing my bait and I managed 2 moray eels which were easy releases since they couldn't get a good bite of the hook with such a big bait.  Finally I saw a bump and soon as I put the rod in my hands, it went screaming and I instantly knew it was a big soupie.  I don't know if it was the anticipation of getting back into the game or not, but it put on a display.  Lots of thrashing and blistering runs and 2 big splashes clear out of the water.  Due to the full moon, I got an awesome view of both jumps! The fish gods were happy with me again and it took some doing to wrestle it onto the beach.

My first thought was to get a picture and get her back in the water when I looked up and there was a couple literally 2 feet away from me that aparently came out of the dark!  Scared the crap out of me, but hey!  Now I had a photographer.  they took 9 pics and these were the best 2, so I was happy to get a 22.2% return on my pictures.   ;D

I guesstimated her at 6.5' (This is one of the two which kind of came out) Who needs to see me anyway?  LOL

The better pic and the monkey off my back!

All is good in the universe again.

Thanks for reading.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
Re: Confidence Was Rattled... Until tonight (10/8)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 09:58:20 AM »
Congratulations on the redemption trip man! Did u ever up the leaders?

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 10:37:07 AM »
That's a load off your mind for sure. Congrats on a nice fish.

jlwells

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 10:46:12 AM »
Way to go Tom, I've had the same monkey on my back for a while coupled with a load of other sh!tty life changing events. Hopefully I can get on some soup soon, my spot dried up.

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 11:13:46 AM »
Awesome Tom!!

Had a feeling the fish gods would give you something decent...

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 01:30:17 PM »
Wow bro! Nice catch!!!  8) 8) 8)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »
That's a beast!!!!! So, no more complaining right?  ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Sticks

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 04:01:34 PM »
Nice Tom!!

Donfish

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 11:51:17 PM »
Way to go Tom, I've had the same monkey on my back for a while coupled with a load of other sh!tty life changing events. Hopefully I can get on some soup soon, my spot dried up.

Spots don't really dry up Jimmy its the tide and tom was on one of the best ones.

That is Top notch quality there for a soupie Tom. I've dumped quite a few in the 6' range from what was landed and 1 that I saw not surf fishing but backed into the cove of Valhalla that was in that class... the image of it in my mind still haunts me... we need to hook up again its been too long.

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 08:46:45 AM »
love it
GET OUT AND GET BIT..