Author Topic: The Proving Grounds Are Still Getting Warmed Up (10/21)  (Read 4563 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
The Proving Grounds Are Still Getting Warmed Up (10/21)
« on: October 22, 2014, 04:31:44 PM »
Well, my buddy Andrew is heading back to Virginia Beach and we had one more night to try and get him some nice fish on the long rods.  The surf was way too big and out of the question, so we decided to go to the local proving grounds and hopefully get him on some bats and hopefully a leopard shark.

Things were slow to start, but Rasta got on the board first... as he bracketed Squatch to do so.  :-X lol

We had this guy sneaking around the place while we were fishing.  Not really sure what it is, but I'll try and find out.

It was my turn next and I wrangle up a 50 pound bat to get the skunk off my back.  I heard honking, and it wound up being Andrew pulling up and seeing the last of the fight.

Then Andrew's rod went screaming out!  Bat Ray On!  He was only using a Daiwa Sealine 30, so he was running out of line really quick!  He got it turned with a few wraps left and after a 15 minute battle, got his first Bat Ray on the shore... a 50# model!

Josh c*ck Blocked Squatch again and hooked up a nice Diamond Ray!  He at least let his girl reel it in since he ran out of beef jerky to keep the Squatch off his back!  LOL

Beautiful Diamond Marcella!  :o

(Just busting chops, Josh lol)

Finally we put one last bait on and called it a final 15 minute soak.  I get bit, but farm it when Andrew is on again!  This one looked a little different and we were guessing a Diamond Ray, but instead it was a big old Butterfly Ray!

Ironically, it was a baby to him, as they get huge out there.  He just caught a 7' butterfly a month ago, so this 4 footer paled in comparison!  lol  Anyway, he didn't get his leopard shark, but he did quite well on a work trip out here.  Definitely a high quality person as well as an accomplished angler!

Until Next Tide!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:44:54 PM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
Re: The Proving Grounds Are Still Getting Warmed Up (10/21)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:54:08 PM »
Well .... someone has to get bracketed. Sorry Steve. I know I'm guilty of that too.

You should just show up late :-)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 05:03:29 PM »
No worries, Dave, you should see the grin on my face when I bracket Tom.

Slow night for me, but I got a kick out of watching Andrew get worked down to the smallest amount of line I have seen on a spool.

I was able to make some casts with my new chinese braid with no trouble so I had a partially successful night. Would have like something to pull on, but now I have something to look forward to.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 07:24:13 PM »
Lmfao Squatch blockin is not a crime! Good times guys, nice meeting you Andrew glad I could be a good ambassador to our east coast guest. And at least I landed everyone's fish who caught one to make up for my bracketing of Squatch ;) where's the duel shirt shot Tommy? Tinkerbell says her ladies cut is the bees knees :) thanks for the invite guys, good times wit good peeps as always!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:28:21 PM by j.rasta »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »
Squatch blockin is a crime!
Where's the duel shirt shot Tommy? Tinkerbell says her ladies cut is the bees knees :)

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 08:45:45 AM »
hell yeah...Beasts  8)
GET OUT AND GET BIT..