Author Topic: Getting Muddy  (Read 7066 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Getting Muddy
« on: November 02, 2014, 05:34:36 PM »
Been out a few times since my last post. Took my chick to my spot in MB two Sundays ago and had a decent evening. 1st soak 20mins in I hook up on a donkey that proceeded to own my skinny a$$ and was unstoppable as it took over 175yds on the initial run. I got it turned or thought I did til she found the bouy 200yds out and sawed me off. That sucked but I wasn't left with a bad taste in my mouth long as the 8footer started singing again and after a nice 10-15min fight I beached a nice bat.

I felt redeemed but I knew the one I lost was bigger, definitely fought harder but that's wut keeps u coming back. I told my chick she was next up to bat, and not 10 mins later the 8footer was zingin and I handed it off to her and she handled it pretty good with a lil assistance we got another quality muddy bat to shore.

Not a bad night.

Got out this past Tuesday with the Misses again, not as steady of action. As I was trying to pump some ghosties to catch a yfc or something to chop up for bait I look over at my 8footer and the lines slack on the ground. I walk over and grab it and start to reel the slack in and it starts taking off. I swing and its on and pissed! She took out a good 80 yds on the 1st run and took flight twice as she ripped drag and swam left. I followed her 20yds down the shore and turned her back towards my other rod and managed to land her a few yds from my rod holder. My chick said I didn't even know u were hooked up I didn't hear anything or see u run to your rod. Gotta love those sneaky lazy bites when they end up being the only real bite of the day!

Very proper mud marlin B)

Finished off the brews with my chick and as I was reelin in my last cast I saw my rod tip on my 8footer bouncin so slightly. Ended up being a gluttonous sh!t shark that ate 4 squish on a 7/0

Got him back in the agua and called it a night. My chick gets in the truck and says wtf is on your shirt? Oh sh!t wtf!!! Ended up being a praying mantis trying to hitchhike to east county lmfao

Til next time guys Rastafargone B)<===*~~~

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Muddy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:25:22 PM »
Solid numbers and a bonus mantis 8)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:27:30 AM »
What Mike said.  Solid fish Rasta!  These nights are starting to get cold and it will be time for bonfires soon!

Well done boss. No fishing for me this weekend as my back is still pretty busted up, but I'm on the mend for sure.

Keep the great reports coming!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:40:20 AM »
Quality !

What are the bats keying on lately? Squid or Macs?

May try to get out this week. Football is finally over ...

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
Dude nice quality! Way to go!

Gonna try to get out there this weekend. Might bring some co-workers and have a fire. It's been too long...

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 09:57:54 AM »
Some more nice fish there, Josh. And Tinkerbell.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 02:35:58 PM »
Thanks guys its been somewhat steady lately as it has been cooling off in the evening. Hopefully the rain and fall like temps at night this weekend will get em back in the back bay.

@Dave they have been eating mostly squish lately since I've been buying macks from the Asian market, the macks have been getting bug/bass chewed clean. Ima have to go to the pier pretty soon if they dont get some good macks in  soon.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 08:30:04 AM »
Right on - thanks Josh.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
Sounds like everybody is ready to hit the bay for some bats. Maybe a little PS bat get together is in order?
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 07:16:11 AM »
Sounds like everybody is ready to hit the bay for some bats. Maybe a little PS bat get together is in order?

I'm down! I'll be in MB this weekend with some coworkers. Nothing fancy....a fire and a few big rods out. Will report back when I'm done.

A few months ago I was out every week but had nothing decent to show for it. Seem like right now is the time to be out...

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 08:37:36 AM »
Maybe let's set something up in the coming few weeks? Bonfire and all.

I'll post up details in the next few days and see what you think.  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »
Seems like it's getting real close to the right time except for this Santa ana past three days... Went out last night and farmed a donkey after I turned it. Windy til bout 7 then I glassed off. Water was damn near cold lol actually put my boots on for the 1st time this year. Beat the skunk with 3BP Big Eyes B) another lil sh!t shark and a newborn bat that snagged its wing after it ate 3/4 squish  ::)

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »
Awesome session man, can't wait for the big bats to roll in the surf over here, they've bin biting very well on macks here in los alamitos bay tho...