Author Topic: Joshua Tree National Forest  (Read 13531 times)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Joshua Tree National Forest
« on: November 06, 2014, 07:25:28 AM »
Long story short: My GF bought us vouchers for a 3/4 day trip out of Daveys Locker in Newport. The weather was supposed to be crap so we decided to cancel and go on a mini road trip instead. Turns out to be a good decision. We had an awesome time and after speaking with the landing the next day it looks like the boat went out and turned around due to harsh weather  8)

The GF

This next one was taken at a place in Joshua Tree called "Keys View". We did a lot of hiking that day and were glad that we could simply drive up to the top. If I remember correctly, the summit was at an elevation of around one mile. It was cold and windy here but well worth the view.

If you ever have time to go to Joshua Tree I highly recommend it. Not much to do outside of the park but it is relatively close to SD and makes for a good one day road trip. Entrance is $15 or so. Bring food, plenty of water, and a good camera.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Joshua Tree National Forest
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:13:38 AM »
Joshua Tree is a great place. I sometimes head over with my son just to hang out while he climbs.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Joshua Tree National Forest
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 07:18:33 AM »
Some killer views out there.  I've only been there once over a decade ago and might have to take another journey out there to see it again.  Bummer about the fishing trip, but you made the right call.  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.