Author Topic: Holiday Pay  (Read 2793 times)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Holiday Pay
« on: July 05, 2016, 01:59:38 AM »
Hard to complain if your getting paid for the day off and on the sand instead of at work.. First time in recent memory that Ive fished with the sun still high in the sky. It was kind of strange to actually see my cast, haha...Got a 50" Leo on a small mack head pulley rigged. It was one of those fun Leo's takes that looks like they grabbed your bait on the fly while swimming at full speed past it. Knew it was too fast to be a bat run...Fun fight, high speed zig zaggin roostertails up in the trough and skinny...and my first SNGF of the year, 49 incher, ....and probably the last one of the year that Ill bother taping & posting a pic of....wasnt going to be much beach left after sunset with the 6+' high rolling in so packed it up in time to go see some fireworks with the GF by dark...Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention water was virtually salad free, what a difference a week can make...
JOE

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Pay
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 06:04:35 AM »
Right on Joe!  The beach looks pretty empty, or is that they are cropped out of the pic?

I don't even remember my last shovelnose.  They are a lot of fun considering but I just wish we had those 7 and 8 foot three fin ones out here to make it better!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 07:09:40 AM »
Those are two really sweet catches!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 12:57:45 PM »
Nice Joe! Glad you found some fishable water.  Hope the salad is gone for awhile!

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »
Right on Joe!  The beach looks pretty empty, or is that they are cropped out of the pic?

I don't even remember my last shovelnose.  They are a lot of fun considering but I just wish we had those 7 and 8 foot three fin ones out here to make it better!
No, the beach was a complete circus, cropped it out...but I did find that if you show some pictures to mothers on the beach of 8 ft Sevengills with their jaws open and say " I catch these here all the time", it tends to clear out all the kids swimming around you out of the water rather quickly,LOL, so great.....true story

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 01:52:27 PM »

No, the beach was a complete circus, cropped it out...but I did find that if you show some pictures to mothers on the beach of 8 ft Sevengills with their jaws open and say " I catch these here all the time", it tends to clear out all the kids swimming around you out of the water rather quickly,LOL, so great.....true story

Awesome.  8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 01:27:26 PM »
Good on ya Joe, I haven't caught a leo in over a year  :-[
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

shoresurfer

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 09:39:31 AM »
Nice report Joe.
We went out the other night and got picked by the bait stealers.
Sharkinthedark managed a Ray but it broke off at the sand.
Still waiting to get my first fish on new setup.