Author Topic: Little Spokane River Area Hike  (Read 3687 times)

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Little Spokane River Area Hike
« on: July 28, 2016, 09:23:30 AM »
I like Tom’s board because he’s got a forum for just about everything.

I think this fits within the “Outdoor Activities” category as it pertains to hiking in the terrestrial world.

I spent some time with family in the Little Spokane River area near the Indian Painted Rocks in Eastern Washington.

This guy came around the corner - a little too close for comfort . . .

Unzoomed:

Zoomed:

Some other visitors:

I love seeing wildlife, big or small:

I had not done that hike in over 20 years, and was sure glad I did.  I’ve only seen moose a few times in my life, especially in such close proximity, so this was a nice treat.  I’ll take moose over bear or mountain lions in terms of threat level, but you still don’t want to make one of these guys mad!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:38:04 AM by mdcesq »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Little Spokane River Area Hike
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 09:52:15 AM »
Hey Mike, Thanks for the post!

That looks great up there.  I've only worked with moose once in my life and they are big Mofo's!  They were pretty docile for a good part of the year, but got nasty during the rut and we had one male and female in the North American exhibit at the CMCZ. 

Super cool trip and thanks for sharing that.  This board needed a little boost of energy!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Little Spokane River Area Hike
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 10:06:06 AM »

Hey Tom, yes, those moose are big MoFos for sure.  Keep in mind that in my pic above, he's standing in a marsh - so you can tack on another 6 feet or so to the overall height!

Glad I was able to give the board a bump.  If things are getting stale, I'll try to round up some redband rainbows while I'm here and post them up.