Author Topic: Prehistoric Crabbing  (Read 3274 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Prehistoric Crabbing
« on: February 27, 2017, 07:39:01 AM »
I went down to my fossil crab site to see if anything got washed out from the rain.  These fossil crabs are from an old fill site inland, so the exact age is not known, but they are tested as Pleistocene epoch which is a broad range of 11,600 years ago to 2.6 million years ago.

They fit right in with the real ones.

Now that's a GOOD case of the CRABS!!!!!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Prehistoric Crabbing
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 08:47:53 AM »

Very cool Tom.  I bet most people would walk right by those without notice of the history at their footsteps.

Love seeing the claws - its as if they are trying to claw themselves out of the rock they have been cast in.

Been meaning to get down to the Museum of the Rockies to take some pics for you.  Will post them up if I get a chance.  Lots of T-Rexs!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 09:16:17 AM »

Very cool Tom.  I bet most people would walk right by those without notice of the history at their footsteps.

Love seeing the claws - its as if they are trying to claw themselves out of the rock they have been cast in.

Been meaning to get down to the Museum of the Rockies to take some pics for you.  Will post them up if I get a chance.  Lots of T-Rexs!

Get to that museum!  I've spent a lot of time on my trip across the fossil states stopping in and checking out every museum I could.  Great stuff!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 10:11:35 AM »

Get to that museum!  I've spent a lot of time on my trip across the fossil states stopping in and checking out every museum I could.  Great stuff!

I've been there once before, years ago, and it was pretty sweet.  Unfortunately, my membership expired last month before I could get down there.  I'll have to review and go check out the dinos again.