Author Topic: Trout Trout Everywhere and Only a Few to Bite (2/4)  (Read 3342 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Trout Trout Everywhere and Only a Few to Bite (2/4)
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:54:07 PM »
So I got out with my buddy Dave this morning to Lake Jennings.  Plan was to get our limits of trout and be off the water by noon.

Great start to the morning.  I leaned over to grab the buoy line and slipped thus breaking the key off in the ignition... Well f@ck Me...
It broke in the worst place also as I could not even grab the end in the ignition, but there was just enough metal (pencil tip sized) that I could turn off and restart the boat.  Well, I had to think positive instead of letting this ruin our day.

Good morning Southern California!

I struck first with a nice trout on the inflated crawler....

I struck second with a bigger model!  Now Dave is getting grumpy.  LOL

It was now that Dave went on a tear.  Three in a row and lost a forth.  All on the inflated night crawler.  Not a bite on the powerbait.

The fish finder was lit up with trout the entire time and big puddling trout were coming through, but most had lock-jaw.  Watching the fish fiinder and puddlers was kind of fun if not frustrating.

I finally get bit on the inflated crawler and tell Dave it's a big one.  I got a glimpse of it and said "Bass???"  Dave responded, it gotta be a trout!
Well, wouldn't you know... it was a nice bass and a hell of a fight on 4#!

Final tally was 3 each.  I got the JP, but Dave brought the most home.

I got home and actually had a spare key.  The only issue was I was getting completely denied trying to get the broken half out of the ignition.  I texted steve and he said it happened to him at work and a dude used dental pics to get it out.  Well damn!  I have a ton of picks for my fossils and started to get to work.

It didn't take long and I finally got an edge for it to just get out enough that I could grab it with tiny needle nose... WHEW!!!!

I might do a morning catfish run before the big game tomorrow.  I'd love to get a big Blue Cat off my list!

Well, thanks for reading!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Trout Trout Everywhere and Only a Few to Bite (2/4)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 10:15:55 PM »
Nice rainbows!

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 11:08:35 PM »
That boat is gonna be the death of you!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 02:49:34 AM »
I know things about stuff. Glad it worked out.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 08:09:18 PM »
Ha! That's funny. Glad it all worked out. Nice fish for the garden gnome  ;D

My daughter just broke our pool key in the community gate. Fortunately it was busted in the [open] position, so the gate is open 24/7. To the joy of Alika and his senior friends, but I'm sure to the chagrin of the HOA .. hahaha ...