Author Topic: Buggin with a Super Trooper (11/30)  (Read 15828 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Buggin with a Super Trooper (11/30)
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:41:54 AM »
Conditions looked to deteriorate here soon and I promised my buddy that I would get him out hooping for lobsters. Sunday night seemed like a perfect time to try as I would expect little boat traffic.

My buddy showed up sporting a 'stache straight out of Super Troopers!  I almost couldn't look at him without laughing, and he did it to make his wife crazy as she hates it.  Now THAT's dedication!  ;D

It was nasty out by Zuniga last night.. Strong south wind and sharp waves coming from the south made it for a nasty hooping trip.  We pulled the first set and in our first haul was a legal and a short bug.  I knew we were hit with the "first cast curse!".

We got soaked and started collecting a bunch of sea lions that wouldn't leave us alone.  We had a few nets inverted and some that got torn up that we had to fix.  It was not looking good as we only managed a few more shorts and decided to go on a recon mission to try a new spot that I've been eyeing up the past few weeks.

Super slow there also and twice as many sea lions.  I've never seen it so bad out there and they need to start culling these fur bags as they are overpopulated!

We managed a few shorts, a legal and a nice rock crab before call it quits.  Way to late for a work night, but we each went home with a bug but it was great catching up with him again... funny ass 70's stache and all!   :o ;D

Until next tide!  The rains are a comin'!!!!!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Buggin with a Super Trooper (11/30)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »
Lot of work for two bugs. Hope it was worthwhile.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
At least u got some and burned some turkey day calories off B) beats sittin in Santucky ;)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:20:48 PM »
I'm out fishing with old friends and now have a lobster dinner. Of course it was worth it.  ;)

I don't know what Tuesday will be like. I'd rather not marlin fish in the mud, but maybe wed or Thurs?
I'll text you later.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 02:05:51 PM »
I'm out fishing with old friends and now have a lobster dinner. Of course it was worth it.  ;)

I don't know what Tuesday will be like. I'd rather not marlin fish in the mud, but maybe wed or Thurs?
I'll text you later.

Supposed to raining at fishing o'clock. Packing gear anyway. Wednesday is out, picking up Kelly from school. I could do Thursday I think.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 07:07:53 AM »

I'll text you later.

Supposed to raining at fishing o'clock. Packing gear anyway. Wednesday is out, picking up Kelly from school. I could do Thursday I think.

I have my gear today.  I'm heading home if it is raining though.