Author Topic: Lies Lies Lies (4/21)  (Read 2758 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Lies Lies Lies (4/21)
« on: April 24, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »
Took the Curmudgeon out to the local lake for the last trout stocking of the year.  Didn't get a hit for hours and went back to the docks to give my Buddy Eric's wife a bathroom break.  The old man at the docks said the trout truck broke down and never made it.  One of the kids at the dock told us that the water was too warm and they cancelled the last plant.... Crapola!

I bought a few dozen large shiners that morning, so decided to fish bass.  The lake was gin clear and you could easily see 25 feet down.  We must have passed 50 big bass from 2-14 pounds!  We had them following the shiners and only had two big ones actually hook up, but never got a good hook set as they both came unbuttoned.  It was so cool to sight fish all those big bass even though we only caught one...  It was smaller than the shiners!!!

We saw a bald eagle smash the water right in front of us only 20' away!  It was so cool to see and I can't believe how close it was.

We also saw a 50 poundish blue cat swimming by some fallen logs along the shore while looking for bass.  Friggand giant, but wasn't rigged with a sinker to get a bait down fast enough as it swam off. 
Super cool day even with a lack of fish.

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Lies Lies Lies (4/21)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:21:36 AM »
Should have butt hooked a shiner maybe.