Author Topic: Run for thre border, run from the bees.  (Read 2632 times)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Run for thre border, run from the bees.
« on: May 30, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »
Hit the IV and went to the southwestern most point The border fence is just on the other side. Sadly the turn from the AAC to the Westside main is fenced off. Giant carp in the corner, probably cats too, but uncatchable due to current, fence, and buoy line.

Moved to the westside main and 98 area and set up and got attacked by a bee who was out for blood. Been around foraging bees out there before but never got attacked.
Some other guys said they have gotten killer bee attacks in that area. I just had one psychotic maniac bee and didn't wait around for more.

Site 3 had large cats that broke me aff a time or 2 on rock and landed a 5 lb + model. Did a dumb thing and filleted it out there and tossed the carcass in the water. The bite shut down. Tried 2 other spots for a short time and headed home.

Good trip overall gonna hit that spot again but prepare for rocky landings.

JIm

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Run for thre border, run from the bees.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 12:16:34 PM »
Nice Jim!  Sounds like a lot of fun!
You need to get creative on that spot across the fence  ;)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:56:15 PM »
Nice Jim!  Sounds like a lot of fun!
You need to get creative on that spot across the fence  ;)

I could get on that side but the current is about 1000 cubic feet per second.  If it ran out of the eddy it may get sucked north with the water.

Still may try it someday.

Jim

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 03:46:54 PM »
How can you be making that long a$$ run to IV and not try the surf? Grinners galore right now!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 04:51:54 PM »
How can you be making that long a$$ run to IV and not try the surf? Grinners galore right now!!

Didn't want to deal with any Memorial day crowds, or nosy tourists watching me fish and asking questions. The super high tide was not going to leave isolated spots available.

I needed some fresh fish anyhow for eats.

Jim