Author Topic: Making the most of it (06-20-17)  (Read 1542 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Making the most of it (06-20-17)
« on: June 21, 2017, 12:59:54 AM »
Solo surf sesh. Arrived at sunset, forgot backpack at home. Was in rush to fish. Was without headlamp, dykes, extra rigs, tape measure, etc... Lots of essentials left behind. Made due.

Fished in the dark. Tide on its way out, but still pretty high. Fresh caught macks illicted 2 possible grinner hits. One bait bit in half, another ripped drag then it was dropped. Body gone, head to the gill plates was left. Got the blood flowing. Tide dropped quick!! Other than that, conditions were sweet. Somehow managed to stick a hook in this fat YFC. Pic doesn't show it, but taped out at 14" at home. 

Considered letting it go after it had the gusto to take a half mack on an 11/0 hook. Decided to keep her as bait then re-decided she'd be delicious for dinner. That be it. I'm assuming this would be last good day to fish the surf with the mega high tides and increasing just around the corner. I made the most of it.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Making the most of it (06-20-17)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 05:52:23 AM »
Glad you got out Mike and made something of it. 
I took the boat out after work and the wind and wind waves were brutal!  They were calling for 10kts with gusts to 15kts yesterday, but the WX channel on the VHF was saying 15kts with guts to 30kts and they were right!  Once again, the marine forecasters sh!t the bed on me. 
I was thinking the surf had to be pretty rough with weeds and wind, but well done persevering with a big yellowfin!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Making the most of it (06-20-17)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 02:23:33 PM »
Nice job! How was the grass situation?