Author Topic: 2017 Surf Casting Shark Tourney  (Read 20728 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Surf Casting Shark Tourney
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 11:36:35 PM »
The water has cooled a bit, hoping for some grinner activity and lead changes.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 01:59:31 PM »
Only 18" shy of the tie and 19" away from the lead.  I'll have to work some overtime on the sand....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 11:51:11 AM »
I bounced the Leopard sharks from the list.  New member on the leader board!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »
Winning Measurements:  Total Length from tip of nose to tip of tail.  (Someone needs to be a sand hand for verification or a picture needs to be available with a measuring device to count)

Rules:  This one will be the old fashioned way and surf casting from the beach only.... No Bay Fishing.

Only "Posting" P-Soul members are eligible.  All fishing contests are competitions in which all members including moderators are eligible.   

Mike, it has been brought to my attention by a few people that the rules weren't followed even though they don't doubt it was a big fish.  There is no way I'm going to disqualify your shark as it was a great catch solo on the beach and you wanted to get it back on time as not to put it's health at risk.

I think what I'm going to have to do though is asterisk your catch since it didn't follow contest rules.  By this, I think I'm going to very loosely follow something along the line of Bassmaster Rules.  Since there was no sand hand for verification nor a picture with a measuring device, that there will be a 2" reduction for rule related issues.  Your length will stand, but in event of someone catching a 94.5" and have the appropriate pictures or sand hand verification, that person would win.  There are a lot of good prizes here to win and the rules have been placed a while ago for everyone to see.

I know this won't make either side happy, but I feel this is a middle of the line ruling in which it benefits both sides and there is still 7 weeks of fishing ahead of us.  A last minute call at the end of December would be worse, so I just want to nip this in the bud now.

I will adjust any rules for future contests as to make sure that any rule skirting is addressed.  Once again, you and Joe have the most legitimate sharks for this contest, but you didn't have a sand hand for verification nor a picture of some sort of measuring device next to the shark since you were solo and Joe had a family come down to help him.  I have no doubt you guys caught what you caught and will be added to the Shark List as noted, but for these contest rules has to be followed in a way there is some legitimate way to verify.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:29:44 AM by Latimeria »

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 08:27:07 AM »
I’m not surprised and can pretty much guess who brought it to your attention but it’s all good I don’t need to be in the contest I know what I caught and how long it was. I figured as long as I’ve been a member and been pretty much upstanding I figured that was good enough all good. I was wondering when people are going to get pissy
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »
I’m not surprised and can pretty much guess who brought it to your attention but it’s all good I don’t need to be in the contest I know what I caught and how long it was. I figured as long as I’ve been a member and been pretty much upstanding I figured that was good enough all good. I was wondering when people are going to get pissy

PM sent.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2017, 06:57:46 PM »
Tom,
Just to clarify this rule "Someone needs to be a sand hand for verification or a picture needs to be available with a measuring device to count"
Do you want a picture like this?

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 01:23:26 PM »
As a moderator* on this site I rule that Mike's fish should be disqualified since he caught it without me.  ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 01:48:00 PM »
As a moderator* on this site I rule that Mike's fish should be disqualified since he caught it without me.  ;D

Binh, I bet he catches a lot more without you after that!  ;D

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 09:00:41 AM »

Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2017, 06:34:01 PM »
OK, Things have finally settled down and I just put a tape on the rod I threw down as a lenghth reference and made sure the butt end was flush with its nose tip and made a note of what eye wrap it’s tail tip was at, which was easy to remember because every guide wrap on this rod is done in a different color than the other ones. LET ME JUST SAY I WAS SURPRISED AT THE NUMBER THAT THE MARK TAPED OUT TO, which wasn’t hard to do since I have never known the length of this particular rod as it is not a factory production, it is my pieced together project rod made up of 4 different sections from separate rods all pieces together, so didn’t have a total
Rod length to guesstimate it against....
I think you should sleep on it another night before I post up the number Mike 🤤😪🤫🤨😘
Have a good night y’all....😴

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2017, 07:01:01 PM »

I think you should sleep on it another night before I post up the number Mike 🤤😪🤫🤨😘

You bastid! ;)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2017, 07:44:58 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 06:18:36 AM »
OK, Things have finally settled down and I just put a tape on the rod I threw down as a lenghth reference and made sure the butt end was flush with its nose tip and made a note of what eye wrap it’s tail tip was at, which was easy to remember because every guide wrap on this rod is done in a different color than the other ones. LET ME JUST SAY I WAS SURPRISED AT THE NUMBER THAT THE MARK TAPED OUT TO, which wasn’t hard to do since I have never known the length of this particular rod as it is not a factory production, it is my pieced together project rod made up of 4 different sections from separate rods all pieces together, so didn’t have a total
Rod length to guesstimate it against....

Ok, morning guys 🙂...and the answer is....90” ...your safe Mike 😛

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 06:19:26 AM »
Should have let him sweat.