Author Topic: 7/22 Long Beach  (Read 2803 times)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
7/22 Long Beach
« on: July 22, 2017, 11:23:27 PM »
My buddy Chris and I got together for our regular weekend sesh out on his boat.

Headed out of Davies in long beach at about 4:30p.

First stop was the oil rig. Took us longer than usual to get there because it was blown to sh!t and choppy as hell. Pretty much the only small craft out there. We always check the swells, tides and wind before going but guess it slipped by us this time.

Got to the rig and the drifts were real quick. Threw swimbaits, jerkbaits and some deep diving cranks in a short period. Didn't take us long to realize that the bite wasn't on.

We headed to The Wall, a solid sand bass/calico spot where there was a bit more shelter. chris dropped the trolling motor and we began working our way down the wall just outside the kelp line. We worked the top producing swimbaits for these conditions and again quickly realized the bite was off here as well.

During this time we got into it with another boater with a few guys fishing on it. These guys were not in the know and totally clueless. Scum bags on top of that. Maybe I'll tell the story tomorrow...

At this time we headed into the harbor and worked the docks for spotties.

Sun was going down and it was a prime time to be on the water.

Not a single bite between the both of us. These fish had total lock jaw today. Its cool though, just the way it goes and it won't be the last time.

Big difference from the last time we were out which was wide open with fish on every cast, dont think I reported that one.

Till next time...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:53:16 PM by Eric H »

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: 7/22 Long Beach
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 06:22:23 AM »
Ouch.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: 7/22 Long Beach
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 06:01:08 AM »
Yep, same here on Saturday.  We saw fish, but couldn't get them to bite.

Nice boat Eric!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.