Author Topic: Half a Hundo (8/22)  (Read 8182 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Half a Hundo (8/22)
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »
Haha, ok.  I thought from the statement that you left the rod in the holder and reeled until the soupie was hooked up that you were using a circle.  I've actually started using J's again on some of my rigs as well.  Need to look for some stronger ones though.
What brand do you use?

Gamakatsu Big River.

Dang, those are pricy!
But you can use them over and over again as long as you don't lose your rig.  Cut them off the wire and re-rig.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:51:36 PM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 11:05:47 AM »
Sweet!

Now I have a dilemma, hit the sand, or take out the boat.  ???

Jim

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 11:13:01 AM »
Wow! Killer night guys. Great seeing the variety.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 05:00:29 PM »
Dang, 50 is a lot of toothy critters Tom, much congrats..............V
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

EdgarP9

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 11:35:50 PM »
Awesome surf sharking guys! Btw Tom the p-soul slam has been done a couple times this year , just havent posted it  ;). Best day this summer for me was 3 soupies and 2 7's in about 4-5 hrs of fishing.

You should post some reports when you get them.  There are a few competitions going on with some cool prizes that you could totally get in on and a lot of the guys would love to read some more reports.

Well, I've got 2 of the 3 many times, but have been unable to complete the circuit.  Congrats on getting it done  8)
ohhh , I thought the P-soul slam was the 2 "Real" grinners😂. Have never gotten the slam in that case. Sorry for not posting 😜, id like to see another guy win that contet , take the prize  home and put them to good use! Im currently working with Cousins tackle, and have plans in the near future  to develop a westcoast style "surf shark" rod. I dont live in Socal anymore as of today too 😜, the bay area is what I call home now. Will share my experiences with you guys in these waters hopefully soon ! From what ive heard sevens are plentiful 😇

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 05:48:11 AM »
Awesome surf sharking guys! Btw Tom the p-soul slam has been done a couple times this year , just havent posted it  ;). Best day this summer for me was 3 soupies and 2 7's in about 4-5 hrs of fishing.

You should post some reports when you get them.  There are a few competitions going on with some cool prizes that you could totally get in on and a lot of the guys would love to read some more reports.

Well, I've got 2 of the 3 many times, but have been unable to complete the circuit.  Congrats on getting it done  8)
ohhh , I thought the P-soul slam was the 2 "Real" grinners😂. Have never gotten the slam in that case. Sorry for not posting 😜, id like to see another guy win that contet , take the prize  home and put them to good use! Im currently working with Cousins tackle, and have plans in the near future  to develop a westcoast style "surf shark" rod. I dont live in Socal anymore as of today too 😜, the bay area is what I call home now. Will share my experiences with you guys in these waters hopefully soon ! From what ive heard sevens are plentiful 😇

Excellent! and look forward to some Bay area reports.  That area is the Motherlode of Sevengill's from what I hear and the Sixgills are also much more common!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 04:28:58 PM »
Giant 7gill lurk in the bay area waters!! Would love to see some reports from there!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 06:26:34 PM »
Giant 7gill lurk in the bay area waters!! Would love to see some reports from there!

2x this. Bay area is known to be great grinner country.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

EdgarP9

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2017, 01:31:24 AM »
Will do ! Once i get some time on my hands to fish 😩. Workload is immense and you guys catching nice fish is just making me go crazier 😜, got a new job as a logistics and operations manager for one of the biggest retail companies in the world for their San Francisco branch so you get the picture...
Stoked but part of me wants my old life back...

HalibutJoel99

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 06:06:37 PM »
Nice outing guys! Nice to see the action picking back up for you guys!  8)