Author Topic: Fur Bag Scum (9/25)  (Read 3683 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Fur Bag Scum (9/25)
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:47:18 AM »
Long story short, I needed a few days off to clear the mind, body and soul.  I had a big fight with the wife and needed to get out and reset the cranium.

The morning started out great even though I was kind of beat up from the day before.

I couldn't find a mackerel anywhere today which was weird since they were around yesterday.  I ran up to La Jolla and started trolling rapalas for yellows.  Every 50' and I was getting grassed up.  Tons of floating grass in the water, so I started throwing irons in any clean patches I could find.  No Bait, No signs of fish, No birds, then BAM!  Nice fish on!
I can see it's a pretty big bonie and get it 5 feet from the boat when a f@cking fur bag rushes out from under the boat and grabs the fish.  It didn't take much to rip it off the jig.  Grrrr.

There was probably 5 sea dogs to every boat out there.  The lobster fleet was also out there dropping traps, so it's time to watch out for the buoys again.  A few casts later and I'm on another big Bonie on the Tady45!!!  Same process, same result, only this fur bag ripped the fish so hard, it popped the Tady45 off and now I'm down an iron!  Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

I ran out to get some rockfish.  I figured I would get some fish for a haircut.  I have a hair lady that trades me fish for haircuts so it's usually a good deal.  Only thing is she thinks fresh fish is worth the same as frozen tilapia from Ranch99, but we'll see what happens.

I got limits of smedium sized rockfish including a couple of Sheepshead.

All deep water fish as you can see.  I started trolling back to the inside with the Rapala and enjoying the beautiful sun and blue skies when half way in I get startled by a screaming clicker!!!  I knew right away that it was a yellow.  I swear to god, the minute I started fighting it, I heard the snort of a sea dog!  No friggand way!  The bitch sunk out below my boat and the fish stopped fighting.  Then with a quick pop, I reeled up my Rapala with nothing on it.  Then the dog came up with a 12# or so Yellowtail, thrashing it all over the surface.  This broght in more dogs and my day was done.  It's been quite a long time since I had dogs steal this many fish and it's so aggravating.  Grrrrr..

Well, I was hoping for better, but this west wind made for tight choppy seas for my flats boat and I couldn't get offshore.  Oh well, maybe next time.

Thanks for reading.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Fur Bag Scum (9/25)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 03:26:34 PM »
I can imagine how those sea lions must piss you off!  >:(
Glad you brought something home though Tom!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 03:45:34 AM »
I figured I would get some fish for a haircut.  I have a hair lady that trades me fish for haircuts so it's usually a good deal.  Only thing is she thinks fresh fish is worth the same as frozen tilapia from Ranch99, but we'll see what happens

You could always tell her a hair cut's a hair cut.  They do it for $18 at Supercuts    ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 06:04:39 AM »
I figured I would get some fish for a haircut.  I have a hair lady that trades me fish for haircuts so it's usually a good deal.  Only thing is she thinks fresh fish is worth the same as frozen tilapia from Ranch99, but we'll see what happens

You could always tell her a hair cut's a hair cut.  They do it for $18 at Supercuts    ;D

I'm just happy that I can piece together enough English to understand what she's talking about!  She does one fine haircut though!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »

I'm just happy that I can piece together enough English to understand what she's talking about!  She does one fine haircut though!

Let me know if you need me to translate. I only charge two fresh fish for every sentence I translate.  ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »
Hahahahaha.