Author Topic: Rastafar-Rods first shark! 11/3/17  (Read 2292 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Rastafar-Rods first shark! 11/3/17
« on: November 04, 2017, 03:50:25 PM »
Hit the sand last night with my buddy Dre (bassterdphotography) to try and capitalize on the incoming high grinner bite Mike and Bihn found. Got on the sand round 830 and the water was already too high to hit the spot they fished the night before so I went to plan B and set up shop. Suuuuuper fresh macks were the main offering, with a somewhat fresh dine in the mix as well. Surf was pretty tame 1.5-2.5’ at times,  not much weeds to start but they definitely became a nuisance by the time we were done. Dre struck first with a 32” Bat that got our adrenaline Goin with a blistering run on the initial bite, but lack of tail slap and relative ease he turned it with, was a tell tale sign it wasn’t what we were after. Let her go quick and sent some fresh baits out on both rods. Lots of bass and lobster bites between us but it went quiet for about an hr or so. Probably 4 soaks after the bat he connects with a 3ft shovel that was just chewing on a mack chunk and looked a lot like a lobster bite that just kept pullin 6-10” off the clicker til he had enough and was tryin to check his bait and stuck it!

Bout 45mins later I swapped out a few baits and get a good cast out with a phat slimy mack head, cracked open a sculpin and sat back, we passed a blunt around a few times when my new Rastafar-rod finally got a real bite and the baitrunner started screamin and zingin! Get to it and lay into something with some shoulders, start cranking and feel the herky-jerky-tail slapin, Rollin, head shakes and it’s on! Then about 10 cranks in my line goes slack! Nooooooooooo!!! Phuckk!!! IT’S OFF!!! I felt sick! Just kept cranking fast as hell thinking WTF!!! How did I farm this thing, when half way in my rod loads back up and apparently this fish stormed the beach wit absolutely blistering speed and I finally caught back up to it! Oh sh!t I’m still on Dre!!! Did the back and forth and wore him down a bit, but still wasn’t sure if it was a big Leo or small soup,  few waves later it shows itself and I see the saddle-back tryin to fight through the shore break in the full moon light! After a few failed tail grabs I get him wrangled and Dre takes some seriously professional grade photos!!!

Soaked a few more macks between us b4 the weeds took over,. Called it a night lil b4 1245. Not a bad way to finish off a week, hopefully I can find a grinner to Really test out the new stick!

Rastafar-gone B)<==*~~

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Rastafar-Rods first shark! 11/3/17
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 05:36:27 PM »
Too bad you guys didn’t find the real deals, but you avoided the skunk. Or should I say, you and Dre passed it around  ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 05:55:14 PM »
Nice Leo Josh!!

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 10:36:52 PM »
Nice Leo!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 05:09:33 AM »
Blunts, beers, new rod and a nice leo.....perfect!
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 06:52:26 AM »
Blunts, beers, new rod and a nice leo.....perfect!

X2 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 06:26:57 AM »
Nice way to break in the new stick!  Proper Leopard!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.