Author Topic: Drone  (Read 4674 times)

Socal Bill

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Drone
« on: December 20, 2017, 08:23:42 AM »
I’ve been wanting to learn how to fly a drone,and found one for 19 bucks from Pulse TV. It showed up yesterday and is super fun!  Hopefully good experience for droning baits out in the future with a big drone   8)
The more you buy the cheaper they get BTW so get your buddies in on it too;)
http://www.pulsetv.com/Sky-Rover-Drone-Patrol-Mini-Stunt-Quadcopter/productinfo/8146/

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Drone
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:35:28 AM »
Looks like fun!  8) 

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 12:22:13 PM »
I’ve been wanting to learn how to fly a drone,and found one for 19 bucks from Pulse TV. It showed up yesterday and is super fun!  Hopefully good experience for droning baits out in the future with a big drone   8)
http://www.pulsetv.com/Sky-Rover-Drone-Patrol-Mini-Stunt-Quadcopter/productinfo/8146/

It's a lot different when you do it for real ;D

Great Facebook Page devoted to drone fishing https://www.facebook.com/groups/1775186196102474/?multi_permalinks=2007855729502185&notif_id=1513700791821619&notif_t=group_highlights
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Socal Bill

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 01:03:25 PM »

It's a lot different when you do it for real ;D

Oh cool, thanks for the link! Yeah, im sure its different but thought it might help with orientation,learning to trim it out etc.  Anything to keep the Phantom out of the drink right out of the gate,lol . Its fun to fly, hopefully not forming any bad habits with it when it comes to flying the real deal

Great Facebook Page devoted to drone fishing https://www.facebook.com/groups/1775186196102474/?multi_permalinks=2007855729502185&notif_id=1513700791821619&notif_t=group_highlights

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 01:14:37 PM »
Ask Chip what happened to his Kamikaze used to drone out baits.   ;D :o ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 02:53:12 PM »
Maybe I'm dumb but why not have a little "bait barge" to have the drone tow rather that haul the full weight?

Socal Bill

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 03:23:53 PM »

Ok. Hey Chip- what happened to your Kamikaze used to drone baits out?

The Boss Man said to ask  ;D

Jaws

• Mud Marlin
  • Bitten by the shark bug!
    • View Profile
    • Sharkbite Photography
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

Socal Bill

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile

Jaws

• Mud Marlin
  • Bitten by the shark bug!
    • View Profile
    • Sharkbite Photography
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 06:27:10 PM »
Not really,
Any decent drone that has those capabilities is going to run about that range , and if anything I was thinking that was "fairly reasonable" considering all factors. Most of all it comes set up for exactly what we've been discussing and to be waterproof to boot puts it over the top! NONE of the other drones that come even close are even REMOTELY waterproof, let alone able to take ANY kind of dunk without turning into an expensive paperweight,,,,

just my 2 cents...lol

It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 08:55:03 PM »

First time I fished with it, the first drop went fine. 300 yards like a champ. But, while I was waiting for my buddy to show so I could drop his bait, I opened a bunch of apps on my phone. Big mistake. And apparently, a 1/2" slice off of a bait can make a big difference :(

When the drone was 100 yards out, I got a warning about signal interference and overloading, which I didn't see because I was sight flying the drone into the wind at an angle. The drone's defense is to land itself. Which it did. In the ocean. Last reported altitude -7 feet>:(

Socal Bill

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 10:59:40 PM »
Thats Brutal, sorry to hear that . I’ve been reminded a few times with RC planes that there’s no guarantee that you’ll get it back when you launch. I’m aware of that every time I launch,but its a bitter pill to swallow when it happens.

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2017, 07:37:12 AM »
Thats Brutal, sorry to hear that . I’ve been reminded a few times with RC planes that there’s no guarantee that you’ll get it back when you launch. I’m aware of that every time I launch,but its a bitter pill to swallow when it happens.

Shark fishing isn't for the weak ;D

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2017, 06:10:29 PM »

First time I fished with it, the first drop went fine. 300 yards like a champ. But, while I was waiting for my buddy to show so I could drop his bait, I opened a bunch of apps on my phone. Big mistake. And apparently, a 1/2" slice off of a bait can make a big difference :(

When the drone was 100 yards out, I got a warning about signal interference and overloading, which I didn't see because I was sight flying the drone into the wind at an angle. The drone's defense is to land itself. Which it did. In the ocean. Last reported altitude -7 feet>:(
I remember that day like it was yesterday

JerryDance

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 02:21:48 PM »
Sorry to hear about the drone. Man, why aren't they just programmed to hover, instead of landing automatically whenever there's signal interference.