Author Topic: Sighting at the IRS office  (Read 2316 times)

Dark_Knight_9C1

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Sighting at the IRS office
« on: December 23, 2017, 11:27:01 AM »
Hit the OC IRS office this morning. Water was pretty calm, tide was incoming, water was clear and emerald color, and a few scattered patches of salad. Had the usual bait stealers at work.
Got there a little after 6:00 am and found someone already setting up. It was a man with a grey beard that I know I have seen before.  ::) He had a kid in the water swimming baits out. I couldn't quite see but it looked like there was something wrong with his ears.  ??? I wished him good luck and he wished me the same. I thought, it must be that time of year again. Merry Christmas!

-Keith

Dark_Knight_9C1

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Sighting at the IRS office
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 06:06:44 PM »
Ba Dum Ta!  Tough crowd... :o

Fact of the matter is the last sighting there for me was 11/24. JayRay and I had a dorsal fin cruising about 30 yards off the beach. It went past me, by JayRay, went a little further down the beach, attacked something (probably a batray), came back past JayRay, them submerged as it past in front of me. I waited patiently and the music started. It started heading straight out and just as I saw it's silhouette in a wave it spit the bait out.

Also I did see a shark fisherman with a beard who I've seen at the San Clemente pier. The guy is heavy duty and ready for a big one. I don't think he's on this forum. And he did have a teen age kid in swim trunks swimming his lines out.

Conditions at Capistrano beach are getting more rocky but I did manage a corbina today and a batray last time I went.
Interesting thing I've seen going out there in the mornings is a lobster fisherman setting cages close to shore there so there must be some good structure out there.

Well hopefully my number will come up soon and I'll actually land a grinner. After seeing Verns saga unfold I'm getting more and more anxious as to how much it's going to take to get there.

-Keith

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 02:13:48 AM »

Also I did see a shark fisherman with a beard who I've seen at the San Clemente pier. The guy is heavy duty and ready for a big one. I don't think he's on this forum. And he did have a teen age kid in swim trunks swimming his lines out.

Wait he is shark fishing where the Taxman can be and has a kid swimming his bait out?! WTF!

Darwin award in the making.

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 07:09:12 AM »
Damn Dark Night, I wanted to hit it this AM but work called >:(

Best I could do was casting practice in the bay ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 07:24:49 AM »

Fact of the matter is the last sighting there for me was 11/24. JayRay and I had a dorsal fin cruising about 30 yards off the beach. It went past me, by JayRay, went a little further down the beach, attacked something (probably a batray), came back past JayRay, them submerged as it past in front of me. I waited patiently and the music started. It started heading straight out and just as I saw it's silhouette in a wave it spit the bait out.

Conditions at Capistrano beach are getting more rocky but I did manage a corbina today and a batray last time I went.
Interesting thing I've seen going out there in the mornings is a lobster fisherman setting cages close to shore there so there must be some good structure out there.

Well hopefully my number will come up soon and I'll actually land a grinner. After seeing Verns saga unfold I'm getting more and more anxious as to how much it's going to take to get there.

-Keith

He's on this forum and a pretty cool guy too. He puts more time in on the water than anybody I know 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 02:29:01 PM »
Merry Christmas Keith!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.