Author Topic: It's not just me  (Read 6588 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: It's not just me
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2017, 08:42:27 AM »
Holy CRAP!  I'm so rooting for you guys but have no way to get up there in the next two days without being locked out of my house for good!  Maybe after that though... Holy Crap!  I am feeling your anguish!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2017, 10:17:16 AM »
I think we need to have another gathering at this location so solve the mystery.  ;D Sorry to hear about the break-offs, but it sounds more exciting then our last 10 sessions down here. It's like the story of the loch ness monster, lots of sightings but no real proof of it's existence. My money is on Verne to land the first one.  ;)

So, are you and Ben going to believe me now or are you guys going to have to get smoked too;D

I will hold off judgement until I see proof on the sand. I think we need to take a road trip.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

JayRay

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 11:02:34 AM »
On the other hand, this is killing me.  I use Mustad Demon 12/0 hooks, Spro Swivels & Sputnik sinkers.  Between that and the wire/crimps, it's costing me almost $9.00 a break off.  It feels like I might as well throw my wallet out in the ocean.  Adding Denny's break offs,  I'm well over a hundred dollars in terminal tackle in 3 trips   :(

I feel ya, I have lost more rigs in the last month than I have in the last year.
#MAGA

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2017, 02:41:46 PM »
😔 and they’re gone...Me, FishJerk Ron & Surf fishingSean just put in some hours back at the same location, doing every thing the same as 24 hours ago except with beefed up rub leaders. Conditions about identical to yesterday’s...and not a bump. That did happen yesterday right Verne? tell me I wasn’t just dreaming this whole thing....

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »
That did happen yesterday right Verne? tell me I wasn’t just dreaming this whole thing....

I'm still having trouble believing the last week myself Joe, I figure in 3 trips I had at least 15 pull downs and 9 prolonged battles.  That doesn't even count the half a dozen times they dropped the bait in the first few seconds.  Between day 1 and 2 me and Andre fished only 7 hours, which resulted in the two of us losing 7 sharks.  Yesterday, just between Denny and me we had 7 pull downs and 4 long battles.  Looking back at it, you're right.......................it seems like a dream.  I told my parents I'm glad there were other people to witness this spectacle, because it sounds too good to be true.  If I would have landed all the sharks that have broken me off in the last two weeks I'd have put 11 on the board   :(
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 05:13:04 PM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »
On the bright side sounds like you weeded out some beaches to avoid at the batfight. ;)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 04:51:09 PM »
On the bright side sounds like you weeded out some beaches to avoid at the batfight. ;)

And to avoid swimming at....  :o

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2017, 07:25:11 PM »
It was a go to bat spot, I guess the sharks figured that out too...
I have the feeling LA might have a shortage of bats for this upcoming fight 😧