Author Topic: Fishing "The Pipe" (12/28)  (Read 2586 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Fishing "The Pipe" (12/28)
« on: December 29, 2017, 10:55:50 AM »
I have such small limited windows the past few weeks, I'm trying to fish any that I could.  I had plans to see my step-daughters new apartment and to take my parents and family out to dinner yesterday, but Capt Bill Schaefer called and asked if I wanted to go fishing on his new boat.  It was only going to be a quick morning session, so I was hoping that I could squeeze everything in.

Thankfully Bill was a very cool and accommodating guy that hooked me up and made sure I got back in time so i could get to my afternoon and evening plans.

We left at 6:00 am to cold and brisk conditions.  We turned the point and made a quick run down to The Pipe on his new Skeeter sled!

The wind started to kick up from the north pretty good and it made for fast bumpy drifts.  You only got 1 or 2 shots per drift before having to reset so you tried to make the most of it.  We averaged a fish per drift with a few doubles mixed in.  All quality fish.  No giants, but nothing that made you think if it was legal or not.

I should have taken more photos, but with such quick drifts and such a tight fishing window, I stuck to getting more fishing in than picture taking.

60% Sand Bass
38% Calico Bass
2% Johnny Bass

Super fun time fishing with Bill and look forward to getting out and doing it again.  We ran a pretty tight ship this day and things went smoother than usual!

Well, thanks for reading and it was nice to get out on someone else's boat for a change.

Until next tide!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing "The Pipe" (12/28)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 11:13:08 AM »
I should have taken more photos, but with such quick drifts and such a tight fishing window, I stuck to getting more fishing in than picture taking

Good call   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 07:23:27 PM »
Nice

LandlockedinUT

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 10:45:39 AM »
That looks like a lot of fun, Tom...  Wish I were there!

Jim

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 09:33:40 PM »
Been a long while since I’ve caught a turd roller.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 06:59:25 AM »
That looks like a lot of fun, Tom...  Wish I were there!

Jim

Hey Jim!  Great to see you on here again.  The lakes must be frozen solid in Utah these days!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

LandlockedinUT

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 05:12:37 PM »
I wish...!  Global warming has hit hared here in Utah this year...  Strawberry doesn't even have ice yet!  I don't even know if it will ice over at all this year!  It's like being stranded on an island w/o anything to fish with, here waiting for ice!