Author Topic: Boat update# ??  (Read 19013 times)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Boat update# ??
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2018, 09:35:02 PM »
So have 2 extra days off to get work done. Today was battery placement, will need some wire extending, drilled the captains chair placement, shaped the side supports, and sanded lots of stuff.

Tomorrow to dry fit the supports for final placement and do the shelves. Then as the weekend will be far too hot probably epoxy various pieces.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2018, 11:19:16 PM »
Looks nice with the replaced switches and fuse holders.

Router work under the hood, not so much.

Most of today was cutting angled aluminum to act as "feet" for the side panels since they do not lay flat. Angled aluminum is what was on there and gives a fudge factor for the carpentry challenged. Predrilled screw holes but will drill holes in the wood when dry fitted. Also need to look at gas tank and trolling battery placement to have space for the rear rod holder.

Hoping to have at least a few fully done to start the epoxy process.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2018, 08:52:02 AM »
Most major carpentry is done now fitting it all together. Will probably screw all down to a piece of plywood to layout prior to installation.

Figured a cure for the damn Gulp bait jars that leak. a 1.75" hole is perfect. Will make a small horizontal shelf under the slanted just for them.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2018, 05:55:41 AM »
The SS Kitty is getting custom fit and a face lift!  Looking great Jim! 
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2018, 06:06:49 AM »
Well if you have to tear it all down may as well build it back a better way.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2018, 10:53:47 AM »
Nice Jim!  8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2018, 07:49:53 AM »
The tuna were close enough that you could have been catching them in the SS Kitty!  (Including triple digit Bluefin!)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2018, 09:14:01 AM »
Still making progress. Just assembled my drill press last night which aside from other uses it will be for matching the support holes on the shelves.

Got to lay in the first no problem them Doh! the shelf support on the left doesn't match the holes.

Need to screw them all to a flat surface and match them up. Need to count up how many fasteners I am going to need and the type.

Never had any form of tuna I liked so no big loss. I can't miss what I have never done. When she is finished I'll try for them though.

Jim

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2018, 11:34:54 AM »
Had 3 days off to get work done. One was sucked up by broken AC, $$$, Did some internal work with the drill press, tried some final dry fitting today and got out there at 9am and had to do a heat retreat by 11.  :o

Got the main decks all drilled out and ready for epoxy/paint to begin. Just got to rearrange stuff in the garage.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2018, 07:56:51 PM »
Both deck halves are done epoxy, here are the rails in process this weekend. Then onto the smaller pieces and the laundry list of other items.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2018, 09:03:01 PM »
You are a boat building animal!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2018, 10:45:19 AM »
You are a boat building animal!

Took the words out of my mouth........................
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2018, 08:21:02 PM »
Now the major pieces were done so I had to clean up the garage and get rid of all the leftover bits. Cut and sanded all the shelves as well to get rid of excess wood.

While I was planning on loading the rear deck and fitting The garage was just too much so that came first. Also decided to make actual usable cupholders. The shelves are stacked past the cupholders. I need 3 lengths 12.5, 13.25, and 15.5" based on dry fit measurement.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2018, 05:47:46 AM »
Cup holders are a must.  You need something to hold enough ice while fishing in the I.V. at midnight in 127 degree temperatures!  ;D

Looking great Jim!

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2018, 06:12:46 AM »
Cup holders are a must.  You need something to hold enough ice while fishing in the I.V. at midnight in 127 degree temperatures!  ;D

Looking great Jim!

Well also sitting on the local lakes too. Many many years ago got heat exhaustion on lake Hodges while the fish were biting. Ever since tweaked everything to ensure I can stay out.

Had some flip down ones but they can't hold much weight. The Thermo flask and those metal vacuum cups pictured are IV tested and approved so will be fine anywhere.

Jim