Author Topic: Boat update# ??  (Read 19319 times)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Boat update# ??
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2018, 10:59:33 AM »
So been on the east coast the last week and just got back. New steering system arrived so now I can work on my replacement control console. I can't get any of the old system out so had to get everything.

After this is literally counting fasteners and sizes to have everything for rebuild.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2018, 12:35:28 PM »
It's going to be a new boat soon!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2018, 03:40:34 PM »
It's going to be a new boat soon!

Almost. Still has the same engine but the interior is custom.

Jim

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2019, 09:40:51 PM »

Gotta charge the drill batteries. All 316 stainless hardware

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2019, 08:15:41 PM »

Significant paint completion point. Gonna give a week for it to fully harden then actual major assembly can begin.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:27:33 PM by spideyjg »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2019, 06:02:09 AM »
Jim, I almost feel like you've been working on the Kitty Killer for 2 or 3 years now!  lol
It's going to look bad ass when you are all done and everything is going to be exactly where you want it to be.  Looking good brother!  Just in time for the Catfish Contest!

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2019, 09:40:00 AM »
I have off an on but with day job, work travel, side business, family obligations, house repair, etc.... I have not put much time in.

Those blue pieces are the starboard supports for the shelving. Once they have hardened I can mount the captains chair, lay it in, mount the supports, and assemble the decks. Shelves need to be drilled and painted still but putting that off until supports are permanent.

Once everything a boat shop won't do is done, off it goes.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2019, 08:30:35 AM »
So got the decks in, side pieces, all that has to happen on those is screwing them down. Got a gear puller and finally got the steering wheel of and stripped the stuff off it.

Now have to build up the new control console and paint it.

Debating putting the fish finder on the very to of the metal console rather than on the wood.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2019, 11:09:53 AM »
So got the decks in, side pieces, all that has to happen on those is screwing them down. Got a gear puller and finally got the steering wheel of and stripped the stuff off it.

Now have to build up the new control console and paint it.

Debating putting the fish finder on the very to of the metal console rather than on the wood.

The S.S. Kitty will RISE AGAIN!

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2019, 12:34:18 PM »
Little snag on the console is the gauge needs a 3 3/8 hole and have to order that size hole saw. Home Depot doesn't have one.

You are the boat expert Tom, think the finder on the top of the metal console is better than on the slanted control panel?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2019, 08:03:31 AM »
Little snag on the console is the gauge needs a 3 3/8 hole and have to order that size hole saw. Home Depot doesn't have one.

You are the boat expert Tom, think the finder on the top of the metal console is better than on the slanted control panel?

It would be better as long as you can secure it properly on the metal.  Otherwise the wood is more forgiving even with shock abrasion from running on bouncy water.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »

It would be better as long as you can secure it properly on the metal.  Otherwise the wood is more forgiving even with shock abrasion from running on bouncy water.

IT is going on top. Use to be a PITA to read where it was. Sat in the captains chair to see where was best. On the top looks perfect. However got to get the steering wheel in the mix to lock it down to a spot.