Author Topic: Zigged when should have Zagged (1/7)  (Read 2009 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Zigged when should have Zagged (1/7)
« on: January 10, 2018, 05:47:41 AM »
Went out fishing with Sasquatch in the fog. Thicker than snot fog and even though there were yellows being caught, we decided to stay closer to home and see what we could find.

We didn't find much at all... Mostly Brown Rockfish, but not the decent pick of bass from last week.  It also sounded like the fleet sucked balls at the Whistler Buoy, so I didn't feel bad about not making the run.  I got home to hear that the half day boats slayed 'em.  Nothing up at the Whistler, but everything was down at the border.  That would have been a long run in pea soup fog from where I launched, so it just turned out to be an OK morning out on the water.

OH well, that's our report from this week and with no fishing on Tuesday because of the wind, rain and big surf.... it looks like it might be a while before I could get  out again.  I have to get a "Hot Spot" removed tomorrow that is turning cancerous, so it looks like a few weeks of rest is ahead of me.  I guess trout fishing doesn't require much dexterity or strength though...  ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Zigged when should have Zagged (1/7)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »
It's definitely winter time >:( 
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Zigged when should have Zagged (1/7)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 04:39:21 AM »
I have to get a "Hot Spot" removed tomorrow that is turning cancerous

Good luck Tom, let us know how it goes.  As far as the 'zig when I should have zaged" seems to be the story of my fishing lately   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect