Author Topic: Going Nuts  (Read 2281 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Going Nuts
« on: January 14, 2018, 07:59:23 AM »
So, on Thursday I had a spot removed from between my shoulder blades.  I had 5 biopsies and this one spot came out hot and needed to be removed asap.
Usually, I don't ask a lot of questions when it involves "procedures" on me because all it does it seep into my head and make me crazy with something which will not be in my control. (i.e, I didn't ask how big of a spot needed to be removed as what is the difference)

Most people who had it at work said it will be a small area like a dime or smaller and it would be nothing, so i decided to just think it will be nothing and my recovery back to fishing will be quick. My issue was that it is between my shoulder blades and an easy spot to rip the stitches and a bad spot to stop any bleeding.  Thus, I was told not much physical activity for a few weeks afterwards...

In the Sx room and they cut more than I was expecting and lasered my back for quite a bit. Nothing like smelling that you are not too much different from bacon.  :P
Next thing I know, I have a 2"x 1" section removed and 20 odd stitches and super glue to hold it together.  Still no problem, but they forgot to sign the pain prescription, so no pain meds until the next day when I could actually get a signature on the scrip.  It wasn't horrible, but definitely not pleasant after the shots wore off.

My biggest issue has been not being able to sleep comfortably and even worse... not being able to fish this past weekend!  UGH

Well, this is just a rant as I'm going nuts and also have stopped smoking the past 2 weeks without cheating. I find that I'm doing anything I could to stop thinking about grits and this down time with my back all bandaged up is not helping.  Hopefully the sharks start snapping by the time I'm able to hit the surf again!

Thanks for listening to me ramble.  Trying to figure out what the hell I'm going to do today....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
Re: Going Nuts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:08:01 AM »
Get better soon Tom!  (And go easy on the pain meds.)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 09:49:02 AM »
Was just going to text you for an update.  This will do.

Can you at least grab a beer Tuesday?

Feel sorry for Mendy and Hannah. Cooped up immobile no fishing no smokes Tom can't be a fun guy.

Kinda the opposite of nice Steve.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 10:22:22 PM »
It’s 2018, marijuana is legal. Just sayin...
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 07:34:53 AM »
It’s 2018, marijuana is legal. Just sayin...

Might be the first time Tom actually takes advice from Rasta ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »
Praying for a quick recovery Tom!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »
Damn Tom, 2" X 1"???  That's a big hunk of meat my friend, hope you feel better soon.
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »
Tom, if it's any consolation the tides suck this week and it's suppose to rain. So if you can work on gear maybe that will occupy your mind and hands? Get well soon! Mike is probably going to fish everyday this week to get closer to your magic shark number.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)