Author Topic: Saturday Night Bat Fight XI  (Read 3024 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Saturday Night Bat Fight XI
« on: January 14, 2018, 08:10:47 AM »
OK, so there is going to be a small change this year from years past.  It so happens that I have an out of state fishing trip planned for mid March, so the initial day of the Bat Fight for the 15th is out.  Longcast Joe suggested a spring shark session, but I don't think I want to mess with the SNBF this year too much.  After looking at the tides, March 31st looks good also and will give the "Northern Counties" a later start so when SD beats them again, they will have one less excuse.   ;D ;D ;D (The pain meds are in full effect and I couldn't help myself starting the trash talk early) hahahaha

So, let me know if the 31st looks good for you guys.  The biggest issue is there is events up and down the SoCal coast which will interfere with many of our activities. 

This date is NOT set in stone as I need to check on everything that is going on, but it is leaning towards the 31st of March.

Mud Marlin time....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Jaws

• Mud Marlin
  • Bitten by the shark bug!
    • View Profile
    • Sharkbite Photography
Re: Saturday Night Bat Fight XI
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 02:42:26 PM »
Well since our " normal" event date gets impacted by the marathon, this may help get to the HQ this year....

NORMAL.....strange how that word doesn't fit in any way to this group....just saying.... ;)

It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:34:40 PM »
I'm down for the 31st. We need to bring the award back to SD again. I haven't heard or seen a big bat in our waters for a while now.  :-[
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:16:59 AM »
I'm down for the 31st. We need to bring the award back to SD again. I haven't heard or seen a big bat in our waters for a while now.  :-[

That's a shame :(

We've had a couple of bigger models on the sand in the last two days ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 07:22:58 AM »
March 31st works great. You better save some of those pain meds, you're going to need them when you lose.

Again ;D

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 09:14:21 AM »
March 31st is our wedding anniversary,  I think she'll understand....  :o

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »
The 31st works for me too. The sooner you can make it official, the better. Gotta let the boss know.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 05:05:21 PM »
March 31st looks good also and will give the "Northern Counties" a later start so when SD beats them again, they will have one less excuse.

You mean like last year?  Oh, that's right..........................................LA won   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 08:16:33 PM »
March 31st looks good also and will give the "Northern Counties" a later start so when SD beats them again, they will have one less excuse.

You mean like last year?  Oh, that's right..........................................LA won   ;D

The pain meds and lead fumes from making weights are taking their toll Verne. Tom's lost it. In fact I heard he's not really even fishing anymore, he just sits in his garage stroking the SNBF trophy mumbling "my precious, my precious, what happened to my precious" over and over.

It's sad ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:18:31 PM by BackBayMan »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 05:50:32 AM »

The pain meds and lead fumes from making weights are taking their toll Verne. Tom's lost it. In fact I heard he's not really even fishing anymore, he just sits in his garage stroking the SNBF trophy mumbling "my precious, my precious, what happened to my precious" over and over.

It's sad ;D

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 05:16:59 PM »
In the spirit of friendly competition and to show you there are no hard feelings, The OC is supplying snacks for all the SD Bat Fighters this year ;D