Author Topic: 2/4/17 MB on the UFO  (Read 2964 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
2/4/17 MB on the UFO
« on: February 09, 2018, 08:09:23 AM »
Sitting bored as phuck at work figured I'd throw up a report :)

Didn't have sh!t to do and DGAF about the game so I tossed the skiff in the yota and hit up MB!

Water was glassy but the tide wasn't totally cooperating til bout 45 mins I got slammed on a long cast by a lil Butt!

Worked the area a bit lookin for it's Grande companion only to get my swimmer chomped off at the hook!
Moved around a bit for some dink spottys until I got into the speed zone and started pickin off some better size grumps!

I think upping the bait to the 4.5in mc swimmers helped weed out the dinks ;) I got into a nice flurry of jus sub to definitely legal grumps for a solid 30-40mins they were on the chew!

Wind picked up a lil and the sun started to burn thru the haze . the bite slowed a bit and it was harder to keep the skiff in the right zone to drift. Made a few more drifts for jus a few bites and one dink that I snagged under the jaw as he swiped at the bait that was nearly his size lol.

Got a call from my buddy he was done bass fishin at otay and wanted to hit the gym. So I started makin my way to the ramp and as I was motorin back I trolled the swimmer behind me and get slammed by something wit enough shoulders to spin the skiff as I killed the trollin motor! Fooled me for a few cranks as I was being pulled back towards it, thought for sure it was a legal flattie! But it turned out to be jus a serious grump-apotamus!

She phucked my thumb up pretty good and pretty much ended my sesh but i was done anyway lol

Not a bad way to spend the day floatin around on a superbowl!

Rastafar-gone B)<==*~~

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: 2/4/17 MB on the UFO
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 12:02:56 PM »
There's a seat on that thing, right?
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »
Has any boat tried to swamp you yet?  When i was fishing with Dave in his little Bass Puddle Jumper, boats would purposely go by and try to swamp us.  It used to piss me off, but you in the UFO just reminded me of that.

Nice fish Boss!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »
Lmao yes there's a seat Mike I jus kneel in front to get the sick pics lol

Has any boat tried to swamp you yet?  When i was fishing with Dave in his little Bass Puddle Jumper, boats would purposely go by and try to swamp us.  It used to piss me off, but you in the UFO just reminded me of that.

Nice fish Boss!

Yeah I've had a few dbags try and swamp it but it's literally impossible, most people are jus dumbfounded by the sight of it and ask stupid questions like, "WTH is that thing" clearly you can't read it says what it is all around it 😂🤣