Author Topic: Friday and Saturday  (Read 2733 times)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
Friday and Saturday
« on: February 18, 2018, 10:27:55 AM »
With a massive week ahead, took the chance to punch out early on Friday and do some OC Bat Cave recon. Fished from 2 to 8 with perfect conditions. Steady small shark bite, but that was it. If the monsters are back there, they're not playing until way after dark. Getting more reports of 30-35" bats from the surf, but nothing big. Did get a report of a beach closure because of something big, but that beach is almost impossible to fish until well after dark.

So we went in search of 7 gills on Saturday. Can't say where, I'm sworn to secrecy as these are locals only hallowed fishing grounds for 7s. We didn't get a chance to really give it out best shot. Plan was to yak out some big baits, which we did. We got out a couple of tasty bonito heads and waited for the chum slick to do it's magic, but about an hour and a half in some idiot races into the shore in his boat. Have no idea what he was thinking, but there's no way you'd want to be going that speed that close to shore in this spot. sh!t, there were so many rocks I was even leery about fishing it. Of course bozo gets both of our lines. We each lost so much line the shark sticks were out, so we headed to another spot better suited for shore casting. The guy that knows what he's doing swears we got 7 gill bites. Looked like lobsters to me, but what do I know? Are 7 gills really that big of pussies that you have to finesse fish them?

Of course while we were busy feeding the lobsters, we get news that another something big was hooked in our own backyard. It spit the hook after a minute, so not really sure
exactly what it was. Figures, we go on a quest and they show up at home. Also got word that there are Pacu in a freshwater SoCal lake. Confidence level at 80%. Might have to dust off the fresh water gear and give those a shot just for the hell of it. Seems kinda weird having to use 135lb steel leader with trout/bass gear, but then I guess that's kind of the point.

Probably going to get more serious about scouting for rays next Saturday, so if anybody wants to hook up PM me ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Friday and Saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 08:04:59 PM »
I think you post more zeroes than me ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 08:07:12 PM »
He's not just posting zeroes.  I like that he's even posting, but him being a zero is the harder part of the posts.  That is of course the number of wins he has for the OC under his belt. LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 10:54:42 PM »

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 08:42:34 AM »
I think you post more zeroes than me ;)

At least we post ;D

I just thought it was funny that it seemed like everybody was fishing areas outside of their normal AOs and nobody caught anything there either. It's wintertime fishing and there's nothing you can do about it except get out there and hope you get lucky. That and take the opportunity to explore new spots, meet new friends, test new equipment and techniques for when the time is right so you can slay them. I've met so many cool new fishermen and learned so much this off season it's amazing ;D

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 08:48:23 AM »
He's not just posting zeroes.  I like that he's even posting, but him being a zero is the harder part of the posts.  That is of course the number of wins he has for the OC under his belt. LOL

You catch pu$$y sharks ;D

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 08:52:42 AM »

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 10:12:41 PM »

Li'ili'i kou laho, 'ai kukae a make ;D

I personally take offense you chose Hawaiian for that. So, in what I can only imagine is your native tongue (though I don't really know, you're kind of a Mutt) :P :P ;D ;D

Du hast keine Fähigkeiten  :P :P :P

Oh and ut te poop tibi braccas

Oh and ...

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:03:58 PM by WheresMyBeer »