Author Topic: Got a killer scallop veggie recipe i need to share ...  (Read 3713 times)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
Got a killer scallop veggie recipe i need to share ...
« on: March 07, 2018, 11:11:48 PM »
Book mark here

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Got a killer scallop veggie recipe i need to share ...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 07:44:23 AM »
Well????
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 01:25:43 PM »
That gif of Chip is pretty disturbing.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 08:24:37 PM »
Freeckin drunk posting lately.

So the recipe was like this ... super easy and tastes amazing!!!

Butternut squash and zucchini shredded in ribbons like spaghetti. I cheated and bought the store prepped versions already sliced up.

Sautéed sweet onion and garlic in olive oil with salt and pepper to taste until translucent and sweated out. Added the veggie string until lightly cooked 2 minutes or so not long.

In separate pan, cooked scallops on high heat in olive oil until seared brown on each side (1.5 minute a side roughly) .. then cooked the shrimp in EVOO and butter (not a ton just to flavor - salt and pepper to taste on both) until the orange color appears. Dropped the scallops back in at the end just to incorporate with the flavor (don't cook at this post just mix)

The sauce to finish in a small pot was garlic & onion in a little EVOO until flavors blend, then added a small can of mango juice i found in the asian section. Added tblsp of ginger and tsp of hoisen sauce then reduced down to nearly a glaze.

Plated the veggies like pasta with the scallops and shrimp on top. glaze in a ring around the edge and sprinkled over the top. Diced green onion over it to finish.

[edit] Tonight I cooked again and added drops of a reduced raspberry balsamic glaze reduced. So yummy.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 07:25:35 PM by WheresMyBeer »