Author Topic: Three Strikes and.... (3/7)  (Read 2760 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Three Strikes and.... (3/7)
« on: March 08, 2018, 07:53:48 AM »
After fishing in the boat all day, I ran home to pick my daughter up from school, get dinner and pack for an evening surf session with Steve.  I really didn't think I was going to make it as I was whooped, but I needed to test out my new surf reel.  My wife bought a Fathom 40 star drag for my birthday and I replaced the old Torium 30 with it.

Casting was awesome.  I pre-set some of the cast control pins and was a little nervous since I didn't have a magnet installed, but it cast like a dream!

Steve got a lobster and I was struggling to even get a bait stealer bite.  Finally my rod made a big bounce and I jumped on it!  Fish on!  Aghh he's off!  No he's not!  It was probably a soupie, but I totally blew it.  I should have kept cranking when the line went slack as he just turned at me and didn't break the line like I thought he did.  Ugh...  I'm a little rusty with the lack of surf fishing this past month and the bad place I've mentally been in lately.

A few casts later and BAM!  Another knockdown!  I grab the rod and wait for him to come back, but nothing.  I reeled in a bare hook and no bait.  Steve said "Good thing you reeled in or you might have been waiting for a while longer".  lol

It went quiet for a few casts, but we stayed way later than planned.  On my last bait and last cast... BIG Knockdown again!  I held the rod in my hands hoping for him to come back for it.  The legs popped on the sinker, but I was ready just in case.  Bah!  Reeled in with no bait again and called it the night after 3 strikes.

Oh well, it was a good sign though.  Until next tide....

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Three Strikes and.... (3/7)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 10:30:26 AM »
I was dragging yesterday. Thought for sure they were out there.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 01:17:35 PM »
I love my Fathom 40s! Such great reels with crazy freespool. Bummer you didn't a grinner, they quickly lift one's mood. Josh and I tried to strike while the iron was hot, but it was doughnuts for us. Don't know 'til you go.

How's the job hunt going?
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 01:53:41 PM »

It's going.  I had a real good interview at Althea and have another interview tomorrow at Tanvex.  I still have not received a penny from unemployment.  I got locked out of my online account and have no way of contacting them.  Everytime I try to call at the second the phones are open, they filled their quota and kick me off without any way of leaving a message.  So friggand frustrating!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »
Bummer about missing three in one night, and I'm totally bummed for you about the job sh!t   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 06:18:44 PM »
Honesty now... what pisses you off most, going 0 for 3 on the grinners or the unemployment thing?

;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 08:07:54 PM »
Probably the unemployment thing chip?  But IMHO ...

(edit) I'm sure Steve is happy about the current lull in your catch ratio ...  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:10:25 PM by WheresMyBeer »

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 09:25:45 PM »

It's going.  I had a real good interview at Althea and have another interview tomorrow at Tanvex.  I still have not received a penny from unemployment.  I got locked out of my online account and have no way of contacting them.  Everytime I try to call at the second the phones are open, they filled their quota and kick me off without any way of leaving a message.  So friggand frustrating!

Good old Althea. A friend of mine was the VP of Regulatory there. I have someone at the unemployment offices, I’ll hit them up tomorrow.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)