Author Topic: Eric and the Birthday Turd (4/14)  (Read 1744 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Eric and the Birthday Turd (4/14)
« on: April 15, 2018, 05:56:48 PM »
Finally I got the fish finder working.  My plan was to take Eric out to the SD bay and look for Corvina and Halibut since both are on his list and both are being caught right now.  Eric decided he wanted to try out front instead for his birthday trip.  Oh well, you could have guessed which would have been the better choice.

Anyway, we hit the inshore reefs and metered a bunch of fish, but also TONS of some sort of microbait.  Not sure if they were crab or what, but I had great marks on the sonar, but we couldn't get many to bite.  A couple of Calico here and there, but seriously hardly anything.

We moved around and had some BIG ling hits!  (We were going for them at this point at a spot I usually catch them) and got slammed just like a big ling likes to do it.  Unfortunately, our baits (big mackerel) came up shredded and we ran out of bait.

Before we headed in, Eric caught the JP fish of the day with a big turd roller.

That was it.  We headed in and I'm just trying to figure out what to do next on the boat.  I was hoping to get out Moonlight Night Fishing on Jennings, but our plans were dashed when someone cancelled on us.

Oh well, next time...

I did find a banana peel in the back of my truck when I got back...  I think that would explain a LOT of things!!!!!  I will find the perp!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Eric and the Birthday Turd (4/14)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 06:05:33 AM »
Glad ya got the finder straightened out Tom, and no worries..........you'll get 'em next time   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect