Author Topic: MB WFO  (Read 16613 times)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
MB WFO
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:49:47 AM »
Had a little time to play in the bay, so pumped up old reliable and hit the back bay for a crazy full speed bite on the spotties, and a god bite on the butts.
Got the tube ready and launched out on a slow incoming tide.  The bay was full of life, tons of birds crashing tons of small bait everywhere, spotties rolling on the surface it looked incredible.  Surprisingly no signs of the silver vampire.  It didn't take two casts to get on the fish.  I just kicked down the shore line fast winding the A Rig loaded with 3in swim baits. the fish were all over it.  having several double and triple hook ups. Nothing too big on the bass side fish to 15in.   Now the butts,  had a good hit on the A rig and I knew right off the bat I was in for it.  heavy side pulling deep fish.  I reached back and got the net ready and slowly worked the beast to me.  When I finally got some color I knew it was the one.  A giant brown door mat.  I saw he had a deep \hook in its mouth and another hooked in the back.  I  felt pretty good netting it and went for the sweep.  Well that didnt go so well as the fish was too big for the net and only fit in half way.  As I went to lift it the fish went crazy and shook me around like a doll.  it flopped out and the A rig tangled in the net and the fish shook all the hooks loose along with my should socket.  GONE.  Iwould estimate it at about 20 lbs.  The heart break.  I kept at it now on the hunt for another big flat bass, but only could manage three shorts.  packed it in early to get some chores done.  Such a fun day when they go full speed like that.
about average fish for the morning

bellies full of bait and A RIGS

long and lean

double grumps

GET OUT AND GET BIT..

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: MB WFO
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 07:54:10 AM »
Finally another tube report!  lol

I'm pretty certain I saw you out there as I saw at least a half dozen tubers working the bay as I putted by in the Boma.
Nice work on those spotted bass.  If you or anyone had an extra tube, I wouldn't mind hitting the bay with you one of these days.  I've never fished from a tube before and it just looks fun.... even though I would feel like my legs were just dangling as shark appetizers down there.  lol

Great post Chris!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 07:59:31 AM »
Its no thing unless you are out off shore or in the kelp. 8)  I think I saw you on the freeway heading down there, but didnt recognize the new truck.
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 08:59:06 AM »
Dang man - sorry about the one that got away!!

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »
it aint no thang,  Ive sodt soooo many at the net last year its just part of the game.  big butts dont like or fit in nets, and I dont want to kill em,  so they get away.  but this year I just may start to gaff a few..
GET OUT AND GET BIT..