Author Topic: Who's The Man?  (Read 5880 times)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Who's The Man?
« on: May 04, 2018, 06:52:53 AM »
I'll tell you who.................LONGCAST JOE!!!  More on that in a minute, but what a session we had yesterday.  My granddaughter surprised me with a visit from N. Cali yesterday and she mentioned she's like to go fishing.  What else could I say but hell yeah!  Denny, Tony, Maya and myself got set up around 5:00 pm yesterday and got our baits out.  Shortly Chad and then his father showed and set up a little north of us.  Next was Joe, he set up in between us and Chad. The bats were killing us, with some 50" models showing up, thank God for Denny and Tony (I didn't have to play with them).  Finally I get the right kind of bite and when it was in the wash Chad came down to do the honors.  94" female

We get her back in the water and start the waiting game again.  In the mean time Tony got the right kind of bite, and when it made the dash for the shore he couldn't keep up.  He farmed two yesterday, and was the only person not to land a fish.  All in all between the 6 of us we had around 8 or 10 bites of the right kind. Once again my rod does the bounce and it was game on.  This time Longcast came down to do the sand hand routine, I didn't want Denny or Tony in the water with these things.  After several minutes of the fish rolling in the wash my shock leader rubs through, and I figured it was gone.  But no, Joe goes in after it.  At one point a wave washed over his head as he dove for this thing, we could not believe our eyes.  Denny kept saying he's crazy, but  in short order he's dragging it on the sand.  He's my hero, thank you Joe.  The kids talked about you all the way home.  Result was a 93" male

The biggest reason I went was so Denny, Tony & Maya could see one in person.  The money shot!

Bottom of the tide and incoming.  Mackerel (center cut pieces) This time we brought a tape measure
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:43:16 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Who's The Man?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 07:43:14 AM »
Wow, you guys had a great session. Congrats! Long Cast Joe, is the man!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 08:04:54 AM »
After 5 surf bats between 46" and 49", my back is angry at me this morning!
I had a couple legit 7gill bites too that didn't stick.
One knock down that was literally a KNOCK DOWN.   Had to chase my rod down the beach and grabbed it as it was going into the water  :o
Great fishing with you again Verne!  Glad you were able to carve a couple more notches in the barrel!  8)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 08:09:06 AM »
Thanks Verne, my pleasure...most of you know it’s just as big of a thrill once you grab hold of these things as it is to have them on your line but I ended up taking that to the next level with out really thinking about it. Just my sandhand insticts kicking in I guess. My hands and wrist are a little messed up this morning from hanging on to that tail with all my might as it tried to make a last run and then started rolling but I’ll heal....what a rush! 🤣😝

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 08:14:08 AM »
One knock down that was literally a KNOCK DOWN.   Had to chase my rod down the beach and grabbed it as it was going into the water

I have to hand it to you Chad, I thought your setup was going to do the "submarine" routine.  I've heard of it happening, but first time in person I've watched someone running down the beach chasing their gear   ;D

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 08:18:32 AM »
You guys are on fire!

Longcast Joe, you are insane ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 10:50:10 AM »
Wow, that sounds like a crazy session.  Nice job getting those sharks on the sand!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 11:38:05 AM »
Bravo guys!  The kids must have been stoked to be a part of that!

Joe's been quiet lately on the boards, so it's good to see he's still around and doing "Wild Man" things!

Well deserved Verne and those daylight shark pics are awesome!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Sharkinthedark II

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 11:52:03 AM »
Congrats Verne on those GIANTS 8) ...Awesome sesh...some fertile grounds up there

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
Congrats Verne. Kudos Joe.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 01:01:20 PM »
Wow, that sounds like an amazing session. Glad to hear everything worked out for everyone. Congrats on the multi-shark session, haven't had one in a while down here.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 03:42:49 PM »
Way to go guys!! Dre, where were you?!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Donfish

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 12:32:33 AM »
Damn I Never get a chance to tail one....

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 08:39:13 AM »
The kids must have been stoked to be a part of that!

Honestly Tom, having the kids see their first one was the best part for me.  I've been fishing with Maya since she was 5 years old, and the boys since they were 12. And to watch Denny "demand" that he drag one back out by himself was priceless.  My granddaughter can't wait to get home and show her friends how "brave" she is.........................best day of fishing in my life   :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 08:41:08 AM by vdisney »

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 10:21:34 AM »
best day of fishing in my life   :)

Nice!