Author Topic: Screw the Charts  (Read 2241 times)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
Screw the Charts
« on: May 10, 2018, 11:01:07 AM »
Reading all the posts and looking at all the pics of 7 gills, yellows, bsb, and big rays being caught had me going through tug drug withdrawal. It didn't help that she who must be obeyed is killing me getting the house ready for a huge first communion party for our godson on Saturday. A quick look at the calendar and my honeydo list told me it was last night or no fishing this week. A look at the charts said don't even bother :(

Screw the Charts >:(

The surf and the salad have absolutely sucked for me lately, so I decided to hit the bay at 6:00pm. Even the bay had a bunch of green stuff in it, but at least it was fishable. Got lines in, one with double pinned squish and a serious hook, and a critter rod with cut squish. Didn't have much hope, so I settled in with a cold one and a smoke to enjoy watching the sun go down. Didn't take long before my critter rod goes off with something actually pulling line! A fish! Not huge, but a cute little 24" bat to take the edge off my tug drug jones. Thought oh well, at least I got out and beat the skunk. Got another bait out hoping for a bigger model.

Nothing bigger. But I did manage to put three more rays on the sand before calling it at 9:00pm ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Charts
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 11:44:04 AM »
Ray Jay texted me and said you caught four "Minus One's" and a 9 inch bat.  That put you at minus three for the night.   ;D

Glad you got out Chip.  The OC hotline has been pretty quiet lately.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

JayRay

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 12:25:46 PM »
Ray Jay texted me and said you caught four "Minus One's" and a 9 inch bat.  That put you at minus three for the night.   ;D

ahahahahha, yea the sand in SOC has been unfishable lately, depending on your tolerance for losing gear.
#MAGA

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 12:54:18 PM »

Quiet before the storm I hope ;D

Truth is work sucks. I've thought long and hard about it, and I'm making some changes. Goal is not money, although you never have enough of that, but rather to actually get out 2-3 times a week. I'm not getting any younger and I've reached the point where just making more isn't going to affect my life one way or the other. So I'm going to try to scale back, create a niche, get out of the office more and live happily every after 8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 04:18:34 PM »
I'm not getting any younger

You're killing me here bro, I'll bet I got drafted before you were even born.   ;D

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 10:00:52 AM »
I'm not getting any younger

You're killing me here bro, I'll bet I got drafted before you were even born.   ;D

That would make you at least 78 ;D