Author Topic: I Was Granted a Gift On Mother's Day (5/13)  (Read 2201 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
I Was Granted a Gift On Mother's Day (5/13)
« on: May 14, 2018, 06:14:35 PM »
Well, I put in my first overtime on Saturday and it pretty much sucked.  I tweaked my back and the next few hours were painful to say the least.  I was bummed that this weekend would be a wash and no fishing, but my wife said as long as I was back by 11:00 sharp to head to brunch, that I could take the boat out.  Literally the phone rings and it's Dave.  It seemed like it was just meant to be.  I was a bit worried about my back though...

The morning looked like it would be blue and clear with some clouds, but the closer I got to the bay, the more socked in it was.  Left the ramp at first light and we had a mission... catch halibut, catch corvina and catch a damn fish on the underspin!

We get to the grounds and there was no reason to leave.  We caught a mixed bag of bass and halibut and kept an accurate count of 68 total here with 7 halibut, including my legal 29.5" model!

We decided to try and find the corvina that Steve and I found last week, but it was a bad move as the bite slowed down.  I did catch a handful of fish on my underspin, but need a smaller blade as it was half the size of Dave's expensive underspins.

My back started to lock up where I had trouble turning and called it quits.  I got home by 10:45, unhooked the boat, showered and got to brunch in time!  (well, I was 5 minutes late)
While eating, we hear a huge bang, and see firetrucks just pouring in.  Turns out, some guy almost ran through Mary's Donuts right next to where we were eating.  It didn't look good, but apparently he survived.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2018/05/13/driver-trapped-in-car-after-plowing-into-donut-shop/

Well, thanks for reading.  It sucked getting all fooded up and getting my drink on to come home and clean the boat and fish, but hey, it wasn't a bad way to end the day, especially since it was beautiful out in the afternoon and the whole family was enjoying the weather and company.  No one helped daddy clean his boat though!!!!!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: I Was Granted a Gift On Mother's Day (5/13)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 07:46:49 PM »
Nice Hali Tom and too bad about the back. I've been there and done that. Spent 6months on physical therapy for a herniated disk years back.

On a different note, if I were to get an invite to go boat fishing, I would clean the whole boat for you.

;D ;D

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: I Was Granted a Gift On Mother's Day (5/13)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 12:44:39 PM »
kept an accurate count of 68 total here with 7 halibut, including my legal 29.5" model!

Damn dude, you gotta buy one of the umpire clickers to keep track of your fish!!!  I've been on party boats when everyone combined didn't catch that many   :)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect