Author Topic: Definitely a fun night out  (Read 2432 times)

Treecatcher

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Definitely a fun night out
« on: May 20, 2018, 01:34:06 PM »
Hit the water last night around 950/10 pm with kam. He had the first bite around 1030. He was able to bring it about 10-15 ft away and it spat the hook out. Around 10:40 I start scoping the surf with my big spot light and was pretty far from my pole. I glance at my pole and it’s taking line. I sprint to my pole and , I hook onto this smaller 7gil. This one literally swam straight to me so I was able to bring it in fast. I gut hooked it, so I had to release it as fast as possible. Around 11, Kam gets another hit. Hes fighting this one for a bit, and it pops the hook off around 10-15 ft away again! At this point I can feel kams pain. About 1120, I see my pole dancing from afar. No line being taken out but pole twitching. Look into the surf and see some splashes. Again, I ran to my pole, set the hook, and it feels like it’s swimming to me. I’m reeling this as fast as I can and it pops the hook off. Seriously?!?!? Again?!?!? About 12:20kam hooks onto a beast. He’s fighting his shark and for sure gets the hook to stick. I get a small hit during his battle and missed it. When he brought his shark to the shore, I was afraid that I was going to miss the shark and it snaps off. I would hate to be the reason he lost his third chance of getting his first 7gill from the surf. We get it in and this things a beast. Around 1am I get which is the last shark and the biggest of the night. This guy was big and I mean big. He was pulling me around and pulling drag with a fully tighten drag on my reel. This guy goes and tangles all our lines. The beast goes for a few runs and Im finally able to get it in. I measured my pole and compared it to the photos. My smaller one was around low 5 ft. The big one was around 84/86 inches. No for sure measurements, but definitely happy with the sizes we caught last night. Haven’t had a night light this, so glad that I finally came across one. These guys are definitely a work out. When shark fishing, keep in mind that they usually run in packs. So once you land one, make sure to rebait/Retie and be ready! Till next time! I’m sure he’s going to post up all the pics. Quick question for the admins. If he post my pictures of my fish on his post, does it still count to my numbers?

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Definitely a fun night out
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 01:50:44 PM »
Sounds like a great night.

Regarding who posts pics, your fish is your fish, regardless of who posts it.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 07:50:30 PM »
You more than made up for the ones you lost, congrats on a multi shark session..............V
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 06:11:13 AM »
Regarding who posts pics, your fish is your fish, regardless of who posts it.

Yep, your fish is your fish and will go up on the shark list as long as a forum post is made about the catch and generally with some pics for visual aid.

Excellent work guys!  You're putting in the time and it shows with all of these bites and sharks!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 07:14:37 AM »
You're on fire 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Sharkinthedark II

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 08:23:42 AM »
WTG Steve!  8) multi shark night is my next goal ::)

Sharkinthedark II

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 08:26:15 AM »
You gotta post the hat pic ;D ;D ;D

Treecatcher

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 09:22:05 AM »
I gotta figure out exactly how to post on here from my iPhone. Hopefully I figure it out later today.