Author Topic: Caught fish last night  (Read 1790 times)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
Caught fish last night
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:45:27 AM »
A buddy flew in from Chi Town yesterday and had some time to kill, so we hit the sand. With all the surf and salad, we decided to hit the bay. Monster tide of 6.2' covered the beach and forced us up onto the hill. A lot of salad on the move in the bay, but it was fishable. Just before sundown, my conventional reel starts to scream, and it's a nice bat. First decent sized fish I've fought with the conventional and the X Heavy Penn Prevail. Big difference from my Ugly Stiks. You can really put the hurt on critters with that thing. You also get the hurt put on you, but I think it's worth it. I like to control my monsters, and that thing definitely took the fight out of the ray in a hurry. Taped out to 41.5", not a monster, but the largest ray I've caught so far this year ;D

With a nice one on the sand, it was time for my buddy to lose his cherry. Nothing big, but he managed to land a couple of nice bats and a bunch of sting rays, so he was pretty stoked. It was a school night for both of us, so we called it at 9:30.

Sorry I didn't get the pick with the measure. We were on the side of the hill and just as I was about to snap the pic she decides to flap and slides back into the water. Seeing as it wasn't going to win the contest and she was very pregnant and about to pop, we called it a good release and let her go ;D

Anybody have an emergency beer?

JayRay

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Re: Caught fish last night
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:11:51 AM »
Nicely done, at least you found some fish. i have been d!ckin around with this stuff.

Took the cattle boat out last week and the kelp fields all look like they are dead off shore from Dana Point to San Onofre. Stuff is going to be coming in for awhile unless that storm surge can break it all free out there.

#MAGA

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:14:01 AM »
Nice Chip!  Glad you got to pull on a nice one finally and got your buddy on some fish!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 04:18:50 PM »
and got your buddy on some fish!

Totally agree, some of the best times for me have been putting someone on their first big fish   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect