Author Topic: Thursday/Friday Graveyard Session 6/21/18  (Read 3113 times)

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
Thursday/Friday Graveyard Session 6/21/18
« on: June 22, 2018, 10:18:36 AM »
Summer solstice is suppose to be the longest day of the year, but Mike and I wanted to extend it even further. We get to the grounds around 10:30ish to find a really clean beach for a change. I am talking about no salad in the water. The waves were not an issue and no ripping current. We meet Treecatcher on the sand and he said he got a Leo before we arrived. Mike strikes first with a little Leo, I'm talking about 5" long. He caught it with his hand in a foot of water. I think Treecatcher gets bit next, but he farmed it. I get a critter bite and set the hook on what I though was a lobster, but turns out to be our old friend Mr. Eel. (I know how much Tom loves those)  ;)

Around 1am we start seeing the effects of the incoming tide. Water starts moving in and we start to pick up the action. I get a couple of Leo take downs that gets me to wake up.

Mike gets a 30" bat and Treecatcher gets a nice take down but farmed that one too.  I finally get the right kind to bite around 2am. It started pulling drag like a bat, but once I put some pressure on her she started fighting like a shark with head shakes and long runs. She goes to the surface and shakes her head a couple of times during the fight which was cool to see. She tapes out at 74 inches and thick too. The pictures don't do her justice, but it was nice to break the exotic shark skunk streak.

Treecatcher gets a nice take down on his rod while helping me measure my fish. He lands a decent size Leo too.
Mike was having no love from the fish gods for a change. I'm sure Steve is glad to hear that there was no Plink or Plonking from Mike. We packed it up at 4am.  :o
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday/Friday Graveyard Session 6/21/18
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:37:53 AM »
Wow, that's a late night, but worth it!
Beautiful soupie Binh!  Congrats!

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 11:46:16 AM »
I needed a cot. Pretty tired right now. Solid soupie Binh, tail rope worked flawlessly! Steven is due.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:54:24 PM by Pinoyfisher »
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 12:18:41 PM »
4AM???????  What the hell!?!?  hahahahahaha

Well damn!  Congrats on the nice Soupie Binh and I'm sure Squatch isn't hearing any clomps or clinks or whatever sound happens when another notch hits the shark counter.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 02:01:48 PM »
Go Binh!

Treecatcher

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 02:27:34 PM »
Definitely a fun night! Thanks for teaching me a few new things last night! You were on fire!

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »
Way to go Binh! Congrats, guys on a nice session. I'll see you guys next Thursday night and Friday night.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 09:04:48 PM »
Way to go Binh! Congrats, guys on a nice session. I'll see you guys next Thursday night and Friday night.

You staying in SD next week?
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »
Not sure what impresses me the most...................the number of grinners or 4:00 in the frick'n morning   :o
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect