Author Topic: All Day and All of the Night 6/23/18  (Read 4692 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
All Day and All of the Night 6/23/18
« on: June 24, 2018, 02:37:27 PM »
 Had plans to hit Jennings with Tom at 3 for night catfishing. His schedule freed up and we made it 1 instead.

Plan was to fart around catching bluegill and bass until nightfall. We cruised around the lake checking out spots, tossed some worms for BG now and then. Not a bite. For kiddie fish, they were tough to find.

Tom got excited when his bobber went down and he was sure it was a nice BG.

Nope.

Tried a bunch of spots, then decided to concentrate our efforts and make sure we had our preferred spot for the nights action.

Nothing. Like a desert. We probably should have taken the hint, but didn't.

Time goes by, and by, and by.

Only action we had for hours was Tom getting stung by a bee that found its way under three layers of clothes to sting him in the back. Ugh. Even if I had a picture of him I wouldn't post it.

Finally after soaking baits all over the spot, we started to get a few bites. Every one went into the sticks and broke us off.

I finally got one to stick and got the skunk off.

Then it went quiet again.

Maybe an hour later, or longer, I get a bite, land the fish, and look over at my other rod just buried. This was a nice fish. Fought it to the boat, Tom was deadly with the net as always and the final fish of the night was landed.

The final outcome.

We went back to Tom's, unhooked the boat and I was on the road at 1230. Long day.

Tom weighed the fish today and  they went, 2.63, 3.32, and 5.52 pounds.. Not bad at all.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: All Day and All of the Night 6/23/18
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 04:38:34 PM »
Well, congrats on the nice cats Steve.  My wife just called me Quasimodo as the bee sting has left a big hump on my back.  That swelling was crazy.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:09:12 PM »
Nice kitties!!

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 10:08:24 PM »
That's a long fishing session.  If you ever need to catch BG I have a spot that you can load up on them.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 08:51:58 AM »
That's a long fishing session.  If you ever need to catch BG I have a spot that you can load up on them.

BG are not legal bait except in the Colorado river district. Can't use them in SD county nor can you use cut carp except out there.

Different areas have different rules.

I need to refresh the desert bait so let me know where that is Binh.

Jim

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 12:13:25 PM »

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 12:48:17 PM »
Nice one!  8) 8)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 02:10:03 PM »
Thx for posting that Tom. Did some day drinking and fell asleep yesterday and can't do it from work.

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 12:05:40 PM »
Had plans to hit Jennings with Tom at 3 for night catfishing. His schedule freed up and we made it 1 instead.

Plan was to fart around catching bluegill and bass until nightfall. We cruised around the lake checking out spots, tossed some worms for BG now and then. Not a bite. For kiddie fish, they were tough to find.

Tom got excited when his bobber went down and he was sure it was a nice BG.

Nope.

Tried a bunch of spots, then decided to concentrate our efforts and make sure we had our preferred spot for the nights action.

Nothing. Like a desert. We probably should have taken the hint, but didn't.

Time goes by, and by, and by.

Only action we had for hours was Tom getting stung by a bee that found its way under three layers of clothes to sting him in the back. Ugh. Even if I had a picture of him I wouldn't post it.

Finally after soaking baits all over the spot, we started to get a few bites. Every one went into the sticks and broke us off.

I finally got one to stick and got the skunk off.

Then it went quiet again.

Maybe an hour later, or longer, I get a bite, land the fish, and look over at my other rod just buried. This was a nice fish. Fought it to the boat, Tom was deadly with the net as always and the final fish of the night was landed.

The final outcome.

We went back to Tom's, unhooked the boat and I was on the road at 1230. Long day.

Tom weighed the fish today and  they went, 2.63, 3.32, and 5.52 pounds.. Not bad at all.

Nice catfish guys. Congrats!