Author Topic: S.I. Pier mack attack  (Read 1766 times)

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
S.I. Pier mack attack
« on: July 20, 2018, 09:59:00 PM »
Took the boys to S.I. pier on Monday start of the outgoing. Then again today start of the incoming. Both days all you want candybar macks. Water is loaded with fry and smelt. Micro bass on the chew right on the pilings. Just-short flatties throughout the day as well.

Small jigs work good. But strip mack absolutely killed them. Doubles all day. It was rare I actually touched my rod as I was too busy playing deckhand and cutting bait. Just a heads up for you guys looking to stock up for your catfish conquests.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: S.I. Pier mack attack
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 03:15:48 AM »
Fun fishing with your boys, good on ya.  The mackerel are thick up here as well on the beach, I must have caught over thirty Thursday while fishing for YFC.  Bait jumping everywhere as well, the ocean seems to be waking up   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 10:34:58 PM »
Fun fishing with your boys, good on ya.  The mackerel are thick up here as well on the beach, I must have caught over thirty Thursday while fishing for YFC.  Bait jumping everywhere as well, the ocean seems to be waking up   ;D

Pretty sweet to be able to cstch them from the surf! Convenient bait making. Hell, could even toss out or slide bait some live ones!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 03:00:45 PM »
I may just go to pull on something, but my freezer is full of bait. Too bad nothing to use it for.  :-[

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)