Author Topic: Trailer lights  (Read 1997 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Trailer lights
« on: July 31, 2018, 07:59:04 AM »
 I need to replace the lights on the Ass Rack, the old ones corroded from the salt >:( Are the LED lights saltwater proof ?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Trailer lights
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 08:14:31 AM »
I need to replace the lights on the Ass Rack, the old ones corroded from the salt >:( Are the LED lights saltwater proof ?
Pretty much.  It helps to unplug the lights before dunking the boat/trailer and pulling out first, but my LED's last about 3+ years on average.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 08:30:06 AM »
That's about what I got out of the regular lights, but last trip I had nothing but rusty sockets. I guess I will give them a try. Any brand in particular that you prefer ?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 08:43:20 AM »
That's about what I got out of the regular lights, but last trip I had nothing but rusty sockets. I guess I will give them a try. Any brand in particular that you prefer ?

I use my trailer and lights 100x more a year than you do, so take that into consideration.  LOL

I go Walmart ones.  They seem to work just fine.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 08:46:52 AM »

I use my trailer and lights 100x more a year than you do, so take that into consideration.  LOL

I go Walmart ones.  They seem to work just fine.

Thanks, Tom    I hope to get back on the water soon !