Author Topic: Triple Limit with a Bullet 8/17/2018  (Read 2790 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Triple Limit with a Bullet 8/17/2018
« on: August 18, 2018, 08:36:48 AM »
 Went to get me a ten pounder to win the catfish contest. Or at least have some fun trying.

Got to the lake about 645. Pretty damn warm. I ended up sweating all night.

Hoofed it to my spot. I had done well there two weeks ago. Well, what do you know? The Lao guy who watched me catch was right where I wanted to be. No problem. He is cool, we share.

As I set up, I see the guys across the lake hook up. Then when they put the fish on the stringer I see 2-3 more on it already. There were 6 of them. They limited all 6 guys by 9 and went home. Handed off the spot to 2 more guys who both limited and a third guy I'm not sure about. Damn. Spot mentally noted. Pretty far to hoof it all the way there.

Anyway, I watched the carnage awhile before I got on the board. So did Lao. Don't know his name, he doesn't know mine, but we are catfishing buddies now.

As the night passed, I got bit, he got bit, I even got 2 solo doubles. Then I see him packing up. Limits for him and his wife.

I slid into his spot. It was a little better than where I was fishing.

Catfish action was off the hook I had twelve, decided to quit at 15 and ended up with 16 since my last rod got bit as I packed my stuff.

Nothing worth measuring, 2-4 pound fish, but it was a fun night.

Didn't even take pics.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Triple Limit with a Bullet 8/17/2018
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 05:45:07 AM »
Well, there has been no shortage of catfish this season.  I just wish they were bigger models.

Nice catching Steve!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.