Author Topic: 9/7 cats  (Read 2858 times)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
9/7 cats
« on: September 07, 2018, 10:43:33 PM »
On board with an 11.5 lb so far.... pics later

Edit

Just got a 5.4lber, didnt bother takin a pic...

Edit

And now a big boy... ill have the pics up tomorrow, we will play the "guess the weight "game..

Full edit:

Got off work at 2:30, the plan was to take a nap and re charge the batteries which didn't happen. I've been so jacked up on catfish lately that I couldn't shut off the brain. This usually only happens when it comes to tuna.

Well first mack chunk hit the water just before 10pm in the newer spot. I read that bigger cats will hang out together. I wasn't hooking Giants in the previous spots I've been fishing over the years so felt it was time to move and find them.

40 min passed and I was thinking it was gona be a slow night. Reeled in one rod to put on a fresh chunk when I heard the clicker going off. Put it in gear and the fun began. After a brief tug-o-war and solo net job this 11.5 hits the grass.

Ended up being a perfect hook set right through the eye ball and was significantly fatter than the other recent sticks I've been getting.

The 5.4 followed which was whatever. For some reason you rarely see them that small here.

Next up was the better model. As soon as I put the reel in gear I knew I had something good. I kept the reel in the Strike position the whole time which was about 8lbs of drag. Never felt the need to put any additional pressure on him. I got a few good runs and some total explosions on the surface before he came to net. This thing was a total fat ass and i was really suprised by the power of this thing. Pics dont do it justice.

Weight guessing game if anyone wants to play. I'll put the weight up this evening before I go out tonight and do it again. I so badly want a 20 plus and that's the ultimate goal. There are some true Giants in here...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:14:12 AM by Eric H »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: 9/7 cats
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 07:48:39 AM »
Ugh... damn it!  I'm pre-guessing the big boy is 15.4 pounds.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »
Now the picture is up... what a toad!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 07:27:09 PM »
Well it went 13.9 (13 1/2)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 11:37:18 AM »
Last night (9/8) results: